Badminton Association of India
Badminton Association of India (BAI) is the governing body of badminton in India. BAI is an association registered under the societies act. It was formed in 1934, and has been holding national-level tournaments in India since 1936.
|President||Himanta Biswa Sarma|
BAI has 28 state members that conduct badminton tournaments and have a 2x voting power compared to the 8 affiliate members, who do not conduct tournaments and have a single vote each in the association. It is headquartered in Lucknow, India.
- "Run game corporate-style: Prakash Padukone". The Hindu. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "No change in BAI: Prakash". The Indian Express. 30 July 1997. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "Azhar hits back, says he's eligible to contest for BAI election". The Indian Express. 8 June 2010. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- Students' Britannica India, Volumes 1-5. Popular Prakashan. p. 143. ISBN 0-85229-760-2.
- "Azharuddin may get only six votes in BAI elections". The Times of India. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 5 March 2012.