This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bad Salzungen is a town in Thuringia, Germany. It is the capital of the Wartburgkreis district. In July 2018 the former municipalities of Ettenhausen an der Suhl, Frauensee and Tiefenort were merged into Bad Salzungen.
|• Mayor||Klaus Bohl|
|• Total||98.5 km2 (38.0 sq mi)|
|Elevation||241 m (791 ft)|
|• Density||210/km2 (530/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||WAK, SLZ|
Twin towns - sister citiesEdit
- Johann Theodor Roemhildt (1684-1756), Baroque composer
- Heinrich Beck (1878-1937), engineer and inventor of the Beck arc lamp and headlamp Beck
- Fritz Wagner (1895-1966), a machinist, Reichsbanner-official, party official (SPD/SED) and chairman of the council of Meiningen district
- Gerhard Unger (1916-2011), tenor
- Hans-Ulrich Jörges (born 1951), journalist, Stern magazine
- Steffen Skel (born 1972), luger
- Alexander Zickler (born 1974), soccer player and German international
- Mark Zimmermann (born 1974), football player and coach at FC Carl Zeiss Jena
- Ronny Ackermann (born 1977), Nordic Combined
- Christian Hirte (born 1976), German politician (CDU)
- Philipp Marschall (born 1988), biathlete and former cross-country skier
- Thomas Bing (born 1990), cross-country skier
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden, erfüllenden Gemeinden und Verwaltungsgemeinschaften nach Geschlecht in Thüringen Gebietsstand: 31.12.2018". Thüringer Landesamt für Statistik (in German). September 2019.
- "Partnerstädte der Stadt Bad Salzungen". badsalzungen.de (in German). Bad Salzungen. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bad Salzungen.|