Back at the Barnyard
Back at the Barnyard (also known as Barnyard: The Series) is an American computer-animated television series based on the 2006 film Barnyard. The series aired from September 29, 2007 to September 18, 2010 on Nickelodeon. The show was a co-production between Omation Animation Studio and Nickelodeon Animation Studio. The remaining episodes aired from September 12 to November 12, 2011 on Nicktoons.
|Back at the Barnyard|
|Created by||Steve Oedekerk|
|Directed by||Todd Grimes|
|Voices of||Chris Hardwick|
|Theme music composer||Michael Fitzpatrick|
|Opening theme||"Back at the Barnyard Theme Song" performed by Michael Fitzpatrick & Mickey Petralia|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (78 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Steve Oedekerk|
|Producers||Maragret M. Dean|
|Running time||11 minutes|
22 minutes (specials)
48 minutes (TV movie)
|Production companies||O Entertainment (Credited as Omation Animation Studio)|
Nickelodeon Animation Studio
|Distributor||ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks|
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2007–10)|
|Picture format||480i (4:3 SDTV) 1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1 (2007–10)|
Dolby Surround 7.1 (2010–11)
|Original release||September 29, 2007 –|
November 12, 2011
Following the events of the film, the plot generally revolves around Otis, a cow, and his barnyard friends going on various misadventures and trying to keep their true nature as talking animals a secret from humans.
|First aired||Last aired||Network|
|Film||August 4, 2006||N/A|
|1||26||September 29, 2007||February 24, 2009||Nickelodeon|
|2||26||20||February 25, 2009||September 18, 2010|
|6||September 12, 2011||November 12, 2011||Nicktoons|
- Otis (voiced by Chris Hardwick)
- Abby (voiced by Leigh-Allyn Baker)
- Noreen "Nora" Beady (voiced by Maria Bamford)
- Farmer Buyer (voiced by Fred Tatasciore)
- Eugene "Snotty Boy" Beady (voiced by Steve Oedekerk)
- Nathaniel Randall "Nathan" Beady III (voiced by Steve Oedekerk)
- Pig (voiced by Tino Insana)
- Freddy (voiced by Cam Clarke)
- Peck (voiced by Rob Paulsen)
- Duke (voiced by Dom Irrera)
- Bessy (voiced by Wanda Sykes)
|Back at the Barnyard:|
Slop Bucket Games
Back at the Barnyard: Slop Bucket Games (released PAL regions under the name Back at the Barnyard: Cowlympics) is an action video game released by THQ in 2008 for the Nintendo DS. It received generally negative reviews from critics, receiving a 43.86% from GameRankings.
- Perlmutter, David (2018). The Encyclopedia of American Animated Television Shows. Rowman & Littlefield. pp. 55–56. ISBN 978-1538103739.
- Crump, William D. (2019). Happy Holidays—Animated! A Worldwide Encyclopedia of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Year's Cartoons on Television and Film. McFarland & Co. p. 20. ISBN 9781476672939.
- "Back at the Barnyard | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- Ball, Ryan (September 10, 2007). "Barnyard Gets Debut Date". Animation Magazine. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- Back at the Barnyard: Slop Bucket Games for DS - GameRankings
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Back at the Barnyard|