Back Home Again (Kenny Rogers album)
Back Home Again is the twenty-fourth studio album by country music superstar Kenny Rogers.
|Back Home Again|
|Studio album by|
|Producer||Jim Ed Norman, Eric Prestidge|
|Kenny Rogers chronology|
Back Home Again marks the last of Rogers' albums with Reprise, and marks the beginning of Rogers' movement between various labels, including his own future upcoming label, Dreamcatcher Records, in years to come.
Of the Reprise albums, this one had the worst chart showing. The album only reached number 42 on the U.S. Country charts and is Rogers' second consecutive album to not attain any certifications from the RIAA.
Rogers split from Reprise after this record's run, though he did remain with the parent company WEA at their Giant Records division.
|1.||"If You Want to Find Love"||Max D. Barnes, Skip Ewing, Kenny Rogers||3:08|
|2.||"Bed of Roses"||Rex Benson, Steve Gillette||3:40|
|3.||"Someone Must Feel Like A Fool Tonight"||Mike Dekle, Byron Hill||3:31|
|4.||"Two Good Reasons"||J.D. Miller, J.P. Pennington||2:52|
|5.||"Some Prisons Don't Have Walls"||Dekle, Hill||3:13|
|6.||"They Just Don't Make 'Em Like You Anymore"||Jimmy Webb||3:48|
|7.||"When You Were Loving Me"||Billy Kirsch, Zack Turner||2:54|
|9.||"I'll Be There For You"||Steve Glassmeyer, Gene Golden, Wood Newton||2:49|
|10.||"How Do I Break It To My Heart"||Chapin Hartford, Wendell Mobley, Trisha Yearwood||3:36|
Compiled from liner notes.
- Eddie Bayers – drums
- Dan Dugmore – pedal steel guitar
- Sonny Garrish – pedal steel guitar
- Steve Gibson – electric guitar, acoustic guitar, mandolin, mandola
- Steve Glassmeyer – background vocals
- Gene Golden – background vocals
- Carl Gorodetzky – concertmaster, contractor
- Chris Harris – background vocals
- Mark Heimermann – background vocals
- Hoot Hester – mandolin, mandola, fiddle
- John Hug – acoustic guitar
- Gary Janney – background vocals
- Mike Lawler – synthesizer
- Paul Leim – drums
- Dennis Locorriere – harmony vocals
- Jay Dee Maness – pedal steel guitar
- Terry McMillan – harmonica, percussion
- Farrell Morris – marimba
- Phil Naish – keyboards, synthesizer, string arrangements
- The Nashville String Machine – strings
- Bobby Ogdin – acoustic piano, keyboards
- Eric Prestidge – string arrangements
- Michael Rhodes – bass guitar
- Hargus "Pig" Robbins – acoustic piano
- Kenny Rogers – lead vocals
- Billy Thomas – drums
- Biff Watson – acoustic guitar
- Bergen White – arrangements, conductor
- Guest vocalists
- The Branson Brothers (tracks 1, 4)
- Linda Davis (tracks 1, 2, 5)
- Rudy and Steve Gatlin of Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers (track 8)
- Terry McBride and Billy Thomas of McBride & the Ride (track 10)
- Larry Stewart of Restless Heart (track 6)
- Producers – Jim Ed Norman and Eric Prestidge
- Recorded by Mark Dewey, John Dickson, Mark Kapps, Eric Prestidge and Robert Tassi.
- Recorded at The Loft (Nashville, TN), The Castle (Franklin, TN) and Ocean Way Recording (Hollywood, CA).
- Mixed by Eric Prestidge at Conway Studios (Hollywood, CA).
- Edited by Don Cobb
- Technicians – Mark Goddington, Danny Kee, Mark Nevers, Rail Rogut, Brett Swain and Robert Tassi.
- Mastered by Doug Sax and Alan Yoshida at The Mastering Lab (Los Angeles, CA).
- Art Direction – Laura Lipuma Nash
- Design – Beth Middleworth
- Photography – Peter Lipuma Nash
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||42|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||32|
The first single from this album was "If You Want To Find Love", which landed at #11 in the U.S. & #12 in Canada. 2 other singles ("Someone Must Feel Like A Fool Tonight" & "I'll Be There For You") did not chart.