Bachelor of Business
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A Bachelor of Business (BBus, BBus (Major)) is a three-year undergraduate business degree offered by traditional and newer universities from the post-Dawkins era in Australia, and in New Zealand. It is similar in format and structure to a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom).
In Australia, it was traditionally awarded by former non-university tertiary institutions which include institutes of technologies, such as Queensland University of Technology, RMIT University and the University of Technology, Sydney. Some former Institute of Technologies and Colleges such as Ballarat College of Advanced Education (University of Ballarat), Swinburne Institute of Technology (Swinburne University) the South Australia Institute of Technology (University of South Australia) and the Western Australia Institute of Technology (Curtin University of Technology) have renamed their Bachelor of Business programs to Bachelor of Commerce after achieving university status.
Many universities such as Monash University and the University of Queensland are offering Bachelor of Business degrees as a way to further specialise students study needs while other universities such as University of New England, University of Tasmania, James Cook University, Griffith University and La Trobe University have replaced many of their traditional general Commerce programs with Business programs. Within Australia, Bachelor of Business degrees are as common as Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics degrees.
Examples of such include:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Applied Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking)
- Bachelor of Business (Economics)
- Bachelor of Business (Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Maritime and International Logistics Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Property)
- Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism)