Tejinder "Babbu" Maan (born 29 March 1975) is an Indian singer-songwriter, music director, actor and film producer. Most of his artistic work focuses on Punjabi music and films. He is recognised among the biggest artists in Punjabi music.
|Born||29 March 1975|
Khant Maanpur, Punjab, India
|Genres||Folk, Bhangra, Pop, Ghazals|
|Labels||Catrack, T-Series, Point Zero, Eros International, Swag Music, Speed Records, Zee Music Company, Sony Music|
He has crazy fan following in Punjab from many years which no other Punjabi artist has.
Maan's main target audience is the Punjabi-speaking population of the world. Since 1999, he has released eight studio albums and six compilation albums; has written screenplays for, acted in and produced Punjabi films; and has contributed significantly to regional and Bollywood film soundtracks. Maan is the ambassador for One Hope, One Chance, a non-profit organisation based out of Punjab.
Babbu Maan recorded his first album Sajjan Rumaal De Geya in 1997 but revised and re-released most of the songs in his subsequent albums. Maan's first official debut album Tu Meri Miss India was released in 1999.
In 2001, Babbu Maan released his third album Saaun Di Jhadi, featuring songs such as Chan Chanani, Raat Guzarlayi, Dil Ta Pagal Hai, Ishq, Kabza and Touch Wood, and in 2003, he wrote and sang for his first film soundtrack Hawayein where he worked alongside Indian playback singers Sukhwinder Singh and Jaspinder Narula. Maan released his fourth album Ohi Chann Ohi Rataan in 2004, followed by Pyaas in 2005, one of the best-selling Punjabi albums of the time. In 2007, Maan released his first Hindi album entitled Mera Gham, and in 2009, his first religious album Singh Better Than King. A song from the latter, Baba Nanak, a reaction to fake saints and preachers in Punjab, caused various debates about the growing phenomenon in the state. In 2010 he won "Best International Artist" at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
On 4 July 2013, Maan released Talaash: In Search Of Soul, his first Punjabi commercial album after eight years. The album entered top 10 in World Albums chart by Billboard. In 2015, the album named Itihaas was released and in 2018 Ik C Pagal was released.
In addition to Hawayein, Babbu Maan has sung in Punjabi films Waagah and Dil Tainu Karda Ae Pyar as well as for Bollywood productions Vaada Raha, Crook, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster, Titoo MBA, and 31st October.
Babbu Maan has performed in shows across Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America and the Middle East. In 2014, Maan was a winner of four World Music Awards: World's Best Indian Male Artist, World's Best Indian Live Act, World's Best Indian Entertainer and World's Best Indian Album for Talaash: In Search of Soul.
Maan also won two daf BAMA Music Awards Germany in 2017.
Babbu Maan debuted in a supporting role in Hawayein, a 2003 film based on the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. Although banned in India, the film was a success overseas. In 2006, Maan starred in his first Punjabi film as the main lead in Rabb Ne Banaiyan Jodiean. Dissatisfied with certain scenes and the fate of the film, Maan returned to form in 2008 with Hashar (A Love Story). He has since written, produced and acted in his own films Ekam, Hero Hitler in Love and Desi Romeos. Babbu Maan is a partner in Maan Films Pvt. Ltd, and in 2010, constructed a film set called Ishqpura in his native village. In 2018, he acted in the film Banjara which is based on the life of truck drivers.
|Year||Album||Record Label||Music Director||Lyrics|
|1998||Sajjan Rumal De Geya||Catrack||Surinder Bachan||Babbu Maan|
|1999||Tu Meri Miss India|
|2001||Saaun Di Jhadi||T-Series||Jaidev Kumar|
|2004||Ohi Chann Ohi Rataan||Babbu Maan|
|2005||Pyass: In Search of Destiny|
|2007||Mera Gham||Point Zero|
|2009||Singh Better Than King|
|2013||Talaash: In Search Of Soul||Swag Music|
|2018||Ik C Pagal|
|1997||N/A||Lareyan De Naal||Babbu Maan||N/A|
|2008||Aao Saare Nachiye||Sardar||Babbu Maan||Point Zero|
|2009||Aao Saare Nachiye 2||Uchiyan Imartan||Babbu Maan||Point Zero|
|2009||Aao Saare Nachiye 2||Aashquan Di Line||Babbu Maan||Point Zero|
|2011||Aao Saare Nachiye 4||Sari Duniya||Babbu Maan||Point Zero|
|2013||Talaash: In Search of Soul||Mil Gayi Pind De Morh Te||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2013||Aah Chak 2013||Singh||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2014||Aah Chak 2014||Maa Boli||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2014||Aah Chak 2014||Chamkila||Jatt Band (Babbu Maan)||Swag Music|
|2014||N/A||Canada Canada||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2014||N/A||21st Century Saadh||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2014||N/A||America America||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2014||Mera Gham 2||Khat||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2015||Aah Chak 2015||License||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2015||N/A||E Doye Naina||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2016||Aah Chak 2016||Murgi||Babbu Maan||Swag music|
|2016||31 October||Umeed ( Reprise Version )||Vijay Verma||Zee Music Company|
|2016||N/A||Jogiya||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2017||Aah Chak 2017||Rally||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2017||Ik C Pagal||Mehndi||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2017||Ik C Pagal||Gorgeous||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2017||N/A||Barish k Bahane||D.J Sheizwood||Zee Music Company|
|2017||N/A||Telefoon||Babbu Maan||Hey Yolo & Swag Music|
|2017||N/A||Samundar||Babbu Maan||Hey Yolo & Swag Music|
|2018||Aah Chak 2018||Mere Fan||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2018||N/A||Teri Yaad aati hai||dj Sheizwood||Venus|
|2019||Aah Chak 2019||Chandigarh||Babbu Maan||Hey yolo Music|
|2019||N/A||Dard||Babbu Maan||T-Series (company)|
|2020||N/A||Tera Fan||Babbu Maan||Navrattan Music|
|2021||Pagal Shayar||Adab Punjabi||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2021||N/A||Barsaat||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2021||N/A||Babe Da Khooh||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2021||N/A||Dhuan (Social Track)||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2021||N/A||Ishqpura (Version 1)||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2021||N/A||Ishqpura (Version 2 ft. Muhammad Sadiq (singer))||Babbu Maan||Swag Music|
|2003||Khel – No Ordinary Game||Yes||Yes||Bollywood|
|2003||Hawayein||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Debut Hindi/Punjabi film|
|2006||Rabb Ne Banaiyan Jodiean||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Punjabi|
|2008||Hashar : A Love Story||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Punjabi|
|2010||Ekam – Son of Soil||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Punjabi|
|2011||Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster||Yes||Yes||Bollywood|
|2011||Hero Hitler in Love||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Punjabi|
|2012||Dil Tainu Karda Hai Pyar||Yes||Yes||Punjabi|
- Saini, Puneet (29 March 2018). "जन्मदिन विशेष बब्बू मान: खुशी में सुनिए या गम में, हमेशा सुकून देने वाला गायक". Firstpost Hindi (in Hindi). Retrieved 18 October 2021.
- A, Jashan (29 March 2019). "ਲੋਕਾਂ ਦੇ ਦਿਲਾਂ 'ਤੇ ਰਾਜ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਗਾਇਕ ਬੱਬੂ ਮਾਨ ਦਾ ਅੱਜ ਜਨਮਦਿਨ, ਚਾਹੁਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਇੰਝ ਦੇ ਰਹੇ ਨੇ ਵਧਾਈਆਂ". PTC News (in Punjabi). Retrieved 18 October 2021.
- "Babbu Mann injured while shooting". Tribune. 2 March 2011. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- Lekhi, Navleen (9 July 2013). "'I believe I've matured'". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "Babbu's maiden album released". Tribune. 6 November 1999. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "Babbu Maan back with Saun di Jhadi". Tribune. 12 March 2001. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "Babbu Mann case adjourned". Tribune. 28 June 2001. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "Babbu Maan presents Talaash". The Times of India. 10 January 2017. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- ""No one can compel us to write or write off our songs" Babbu Mann & Bhagwant Mann". Chandigarh News. 11 December 2009.
- Sembhi, Jas. "Brit Asia TV Music Awards Winners". DESIblitz. Retrieved 3 September 2020.
- "World Albums Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Babbu Maan on Australia-New Zealand Tour in September". www.justpanjabi.com.
- "Babbu Mann questions Lala Lajpat Rai's martyrdom". Zee News. 17 June 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- Kamal, Neel (16 June 2010). "Babbu's Lajpat song strums anger". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- Kotwani, Hiren (31 December 2014). "Punjabi singer Babbu Maan to venture into Bollywood". Times of India. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Khuranaa, Manpriya (15 June 2008). "Babbu Maan's Hashar". Tribune. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "Hashar – A Love Story". BBC. 19 September 2009. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- Sehajpal, Ashima (25 October 2010). "Reel Crusade - Punjabi cinema has taken up the cause of freeing Punjab from the clutches of drug abuse". Tribune. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- Mander, Manav (20 April 2010). "Babbu Mann's movie premiered". The Tribune. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "'Studies will never take backseat' Sisters Ritika and Ekta Kapoor will be seen in a Punjabi movie "Kissa"". Tribune. 20 April 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "'Desi Romeos' musical bonanza". The Times of India. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2021.