Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and Surgery (BEMS) or Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) is a bachelor's degree in Unani medicine and surgery awarded upon graduation from medical school by universities in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and in South Africa as BCM Complementary Medicine: Unani Tibb.
Admission to 5-yearly BEMS degree/classified program/course is purely based on FSC (Pre-Medical). Internship Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and Surgery: After completing degree program and one-yearly house internship, NCT licensed graduates can practice Eastern medicine as registered Unani physician according to UAH Act 2002-1965. Qualified graduates can be enrolled in Higher Education Commission registered private and public universities. They can also be enrolled for Eastern Medicine curriculum to receive M.Phil. And Ph.D. degrees inside and abroad.
In 2020, National Council for Tibb (NCT) announced that BEMS graduate will be regarded as "Doctor of Natural Medicine".
- Division, Publications (2018-02-26). India 2018: A Reference Annual. ISBN 9788123027630.
- "Herbal medicine: Woes of practitioners". 2011-06-04.
- Hoiberg, Dale (2000). Students' Britannica India: Careers. ISBN 9780852297612.
- Bangladesh Country Study Guide Volume 1 Strategic Information and Developments. 2012-03-03. ISBN 9781438773896.
- Leigh, Hoyle (2019). Global Psychosomatic Medicine and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry: Theory, Research, Education, and Practice. ISBN 9783030125844.
- "Registered Unani Tibb Practitioner". pbdesig.saqa.org.za.
- "Unani-Tibb". www.uwc.ac.za. Archived from the original on 2018-05-02. Retrieved 2019-09-15.
- Kurz, Susanne; Preckel, Claudia; Reichmuth, Stefan (2016). Muslim Bodies. ISBN 9783643128102.
- "پاکستان میں ایسٹرن میڈیسن کا فروغ وقت کی اہم ضرورت" [Promotion of Eastern Medicine in Pakistan is the need of time]. Daily Jang (in Urdu). 2018-05-06.
- NCT judgement, "15th Meet of the NCT", Date: 19 Jun 2020, REF: F.20-62/2018-NCT(M-15)/4009, page: 02