BRP Cabra (MRRV-4409)
|Namesake:||Cabra Island Lighthouse located in Cabra Island, Lubang, Occidental Mindoro|
|Ordered:||29 May 2015|
|Builder:||Japan Marine United, Yokohama, Japan|
|Class and type:||Parola-class patrol vessel|
|Length:||44.5 m (146 ft)|
|Beam:||7.5 m (25 ft)|
|Draft:||4 m (4.0 m)|
|Speed:||Maximum @ 25 knots (46 km/h), cruising 15 knots (28 km/h)|
|Range:||1,500 nautical miles (2,800 km)|
|Boats & landing |
|1 × RHIB work boat|
|Complement:||25 (5 officers, 20 enlisted)|
|Sensors and |
|Furuno FAR series X & S-band navigation radars|
Design and featuresEdit
The Philippine Coast Guard clarified that the ship is a law enforcement vessel and is designed to conduct environmental and humanitarian missions, as well as maritime security operations and patrol missions.
The ship was designed with a bulletproof navigation bridge, and is equipped with fire monitors, night vision capability, a work boat, and radio direction finder capability.
The ship will be equipped with communications and radio monitoring equipment from Rohde & Schwarz, specifically the M3SR Series 4400 and Series 4100 software-defined communication radios, and DDF205 radio monitoring equipment. These equipment enhances the ship's reconnaissance, pursuit and communications capabilities.
Construction, delivery and commissioningEdit
In September 2018, the BRP Cabra along with its sister ship the BRP Sindangan (MRRV-4407) and the Philippine Navy vessels BRP Nestor Reinoso (PG-380) and BRP Benguet (LS-507) secured the BRP Gregorio del Pilar (FF-15), which ended up being grounded at the Hasa-Hasa Shoal (also known as the Half Moon Shoal) in the South China Sea. The BRP Gregorio del Pilar was eventually pulled out from the shoal a couple of days later.
- Marcelo, Elizabeth (2016-08-18). "Coast guard acquires 44-meter patrol vessel from Japan". GMA News. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- "LOOK: PH Coast Guard gets new rescue ship from Japan". Rappler. 2016-07-28. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- Scott, Richard (2016-11-04). "SDRs for Philippine Coast Guard [INDODEF16-D3]". IHS Jane's. Retrieved 2016-11-07.
- ""Philippines commissions seventh, eighth Parola-class patrol vessels"". Archived from the original on 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "PCG’s Multirole Response Vessel Arrives in Caticlan"
- “PCG Team Arrives at Hasa-hasa Shoal to Help Extract Grounded Navy Frigate”
- “Major Dockyard Repair Awaits BRP Gregorio Del Pilar”