Aztec is a census designated place situated in Yuma County, Arizona. It had a population of 47 as of the 2010 U.S. Census. As of July 2015 it had an estimated population of 52. It has an estimated elevation of 509 feet (155 m) above sea level. It is located along Interstate 8.
Census designated place
Location of Aztec in Yuma County, Arizona.
|• Total||6.16 sq mi (15.94 km2)|
|• Land||6.16 sq mi (15.94 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||509 ft (155 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain (MST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (MST)|
|GNIS feature ID||2582734|
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Aztec first appeared on the 1920 U.S. Census as the Aztec Precinct of Yuma County. It appeared again in 1930, and recorded having a Spanish/Hispanic majority (the census would not separately feature that racial demographic again until 1980). With the combination of all county precincts into 3 districts in 1940, it did not formally appear again until 2010, when it was made a census-designated place (CDP).
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Feature Detail Report for: Aztec". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Aztec, AZ Profile: Facts, Map & Data". AZ Hometown Locator. Archived from the original on January 25, 2016. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Yuma County, Arizona location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|