az-Za'ayyem (Arabic: الزعیم) is a Palestinian village in the Jerusalem Governorate, located 3 kilometers east of Jerusalem in the central West Bank. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, the village had a population of 2,459 in 2006. The healthcare facilities for az-Za'ayyem according to the Ministry of Health are obtained in East Jerusalem.
Az-Za'ayyem and Az-Za'ayyem checkpoint, from the air
|State||State of Palestine|
|• Type||Village council|
Israel has confiscated land from az-Za'ayyem in order to construct two Israeli settlements:
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Jerusalem Governorate by Locality 2004- 2006 Archived February 7, 2012, at the Wayback Machine Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.
- Health care Facilities West Bank
- Az Za'ayyem Village Profile, ARIJ, p. 16
- Humanitarian Events, Monitoring issues Archived 2005-11-12 at the Wayback Machine
- "Barrier March 2004" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Displaced by the Wall: Pilot Study on Forced Displacement Caused by the Construction of the West Bank Wall and its Associated Regime in the Occupied Palestinian territories (PDF) (Report). BADIL. 2006. Retrieved 2018-11-09.
- "Barrier route July 2008" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Az Za'ayyem Village (Fact Sheet), Applied Research Institute–Jerusalem ARIJ
- Az Za'ayyem Village Profile, ARIJ
- Arial photo, ARIJ
- Locality Development Priorities and Needs in Az Za'ayyem, ARIJ
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|