This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018)
Ayodeji Richard Makun// ⓘ, also known by his stage name A.Y, is a Nigerian actor, comedian, radio and TV presenter, writer, producer and film director. Born on 19 August 1971, he hails from Ifon, Ose local government in Ondo State. He is the host of the A.Y live shows and A.Y comedy skits. His first movie, 30 Days in Atlanta was produced by him and directed by Robert O. Peters. He was made a U.N Peace Ambassador. In 2009, he was made United Nations Peace Ambassador. He is also the CEO of Corporate World Entertainment Nigeria.
19 August 1971
|Spouse||Mabel Makun (m. 2008)|
Ayo Makun received his education at Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State, Nigeria. He graduated as a theatre arts student in 2003 (after nine years of study). A.Y was awarded the Jaycee Club Socio-personality Award, Best Show Business Promoter (2001), Most Celebrated Student on Campus (2001), and Most Fashionable Student on Campus (1999 and 2000) while a student.
Ayo Makun came into spotlight when he was Alibaba Akporobome's personal assistant and event manager. He wrote going "A.Y wire" as a guest columnist in The Sun (Nigeria) and Gbenga Adeyinka's "Laugh Mattaz".
Personal life edit
Professional life edit
Ayo Makun directs and acts in one of Nigeria's sitcom, AY's crib with Alex Ekubo, Venita Akpofure, Buchi Franklin, and Justice Nuagbe. He also hosts comedy shows, AY Live featuring comedians like Bovi, Helen Paul,and many other comedians. Ayo Makun is also the Chief Executive Officer of Corporate World entertainment, Nigeria. He also owns a club house. As an investor in stand-up comedy, he has paved the way for upcoming comedians through his AY "Open Mic Challenge".
- Comedian of the year: Diamond Awards for Comedy
- Comedian of the year: Teens Favorite
- Comedian of the year: MBG Abuja Merit Awards
- Comedian of the year: National Daily Awards
- Comedian of the year: Arsenal Award for Excellence
- Comedian of the year: Mode Men of the year Awards
- U.N Peace Ambassador.
- Most creative Entrepreneur of the year, (comedy category): Creative Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria (CEAN)
- Best Event A.Y Live: NELAS Awards 2018, United Kingdom
Selected filmography edit
See also edit
- "BEING MRS ELLIOT / OMONI OBOLI, MAJID MICHEL". 9FLIX. 9flix. Archived from the original on 13 June 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "'Being Mrs Elliott' Watch movie review by Adenike Adebayo". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. 28 May 2015. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Nollywood movie review: Being Mrs. Elliot". Premium Times. Onyinye Muomah. 28 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Thanks for ignoring naysayers, comedian AY Makun hails wife on childbirth". Punch Newspapers. 22 January 2022. Retrieved 6 March 2022.
- "Ayo Makun Biography and Profile | | Nairagent.com". 30 November 2019. Archived from the original on 12 June 2021. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "30 Days in Atlanta". www.30daysinatlanta.com. Corporate World Entertainment Ltd. Archived from the original on 9 June 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "NigeriaFilms.Com Pours It All on The AY Brand". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "A.Y, Actor, Comedian, Nigeria Personality Profiles". www.nigeriagalleria.com. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "Ayo Makun: Life has taught me to be fully focused on my craft". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 21 August 2021. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- "I spent nine years in the university". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- Ajose, Kehinde (6 July 2019). "Ayo Makun becomes most followed African comedian on social media". TheNewsGuru. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "NFC Celebrates AY Achievements In Comedy". Nigerian Voice. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "A.Y Biography - Ayo Richard Makun Profile - Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News". Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "11 years of Marriage, 16 years of Friendship ❤️ AY Makun & wife Mabel are still Waxing Strong". BellaNaija. 29 November 2019. Retrieved 5 October 2020.
- "Comedian 'AY' Makun Welcomes Second Child With Mabel After 13 Years". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 19 January 2022. Retrieved 23 November 2022.
- "Biography of Ayo Makun and Net-worth – 2019 Latest Update". Current School News. 20 March 2019. Retrieved 7 May 2020.
- "AY Makun's 'Call to Bar'". THISDAYLIVE. 3 April 2020. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "Joselyn Dumas And A.Y Named As Host of 2018 Golden Movie Awards Africa". zionfelix.net. 26 May 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- "Full list of winners at 2018 Golden Movie Awards Africa". GhanaWeb. 3 June 2018. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- "Ayo Makun's Impressive Net Worth and a Look At His Massive House". BuzzNigeria - Famous People, Celebrity Bios, Updates and Trendy News. 12 August 2021. Retrieved 23 August 2021.
- The Accidental Spy, retrieved 25 February 2019
- "Christmas in Miami". IMDb.