This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ayodeji Richard Makun, also known by his stage name A.Y, is a Nigerian actor, comedian, radio and TV presenter, writer, producer and director. Born on August 19, he hails from Ifon, Ose local government in Ondo State. He is the host of the A.Y live shows and A.Y comedy skits. His first movie, 30 Days in Atlanta was produced by him and directed by Robert O. Peters. He was made a U.N Peace Ambassador in 2009 after winning six awards in 2008. He is the CEO of Corporate World Entertainment Nigeria.
Ayo Makun attended Delta State University, Abraka. He graduated (after spending nine years) in 2003 as a theatre arts student. A.Y also won other awards such as the most fashionable student on campus (1999 and 2000); best show-biz promoter (2001); the most celebrated student on campus (2001) and the Jaycee Club socio-personality award (2003).
Ayo Makun came into spotlight after being Alibaba Akporobome's personal assistant and event manager. A.Y also wrote going "A.Y wire" as a guest columnist in The Sun (Nigeria) and Gbenga Adeyinka's "Laugh Mattaz".
Ayo Makun directs and acts in one of Nigeria's popular sitcom, AY's crib with Alex Ekubo, Venita Akpofure, Buchi Franklin and Justice Nuagbe. He also hosts one of Africa's largest comedy shows, AY Live featuring comedians like Bovi, Helen Paul and many other comedians. Ayo Makun is also the Chief Executive Officer for Corporate World entertainment, Nigeria. He also owns a club house. As an investor in stand-up comedy, he has influenced upcoming comedians through his AY "Open Mic Challenge".
- Comedian of the year: Diamond Awards for Comedy
- Comedian of the year: Teens Favorite
- Comedian of the year: MBG Abuja Merit Awards
- Comedian of the year: National Daily Awards
- Comedian of the year: Arsenal Award for Excellence
- Comedian of the year: Mode Men of the year Awards
- U.N Peace Ambassador
- Comedian of the year: Nigerian Entertainment Awards
- Most creative Entrepreneur of the year, (comedy category) :C.E.A.N
|2014||Being Mrs Elliot||Ishawuru||with Omoni Oboli, Sylvia Oluchi and Majid Michel|
|2014||30 Days in Atlanta||Akpors||with Ramsey Nouah, Lynn Whitfield, Karlie Redd and Richard Mofe Damijo|
|2016||A Trip to Jamaica||Akpos||also starring Funke Akindele, Eric Roberts, Dan Davies, Chris Attoh|
|2016||The Wedding Party||MC||also starring Adesua Etomi, Sola Sobowale, Banky W and Richard Mofe Damijo|
|2016||10 Days in Sun City||as Akpos||also starring Adesua Etomi, Mercy Johnson, Richard Mofe Damijo, Falz|
|2017||American Driver||Ayo Makun||also starring Evan King, Jim Iyke, Anita Chris, Nse Ikpe Etim, Nadia Buari, Emma Nyra, Johnny Dewan, Laura Heuston, McPc the Comedian, Michael Tula, Andie Raven|
|2017||The Accidental Spy||John||also starring Ramsey Nouah Christine Allado|
|2017||The Wedding Party 2||MC||also starring Adesua Etomi, Sola Sobowale, Banky W and Richard Mofe Damijo|
- "30 Days in Atlanta". www.30daysinatlanta.com. Corporate World Entertainment Ltd. Archived from the original on 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "NigeriaFilms.Com Pours It All on The AY Brand". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2014-07-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "A.Y Biography - Ayo Richard Makun Profile - Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News". Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "[old] Ay And Mabel Wed - Celebrities - Nigeria". nairaland.com. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- "BEING MRS ELLIOT / OMONI OBOLI, MAJID MICHEL". 9FLIX. 9flix. Archived from the original on 13 June 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- "'Being Mrs Elliott' Watch movie review by Adenike Adebayo". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "Nollywood movie review: Being Mrs. Elliot". Premium Times. Onyinye Muomah. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- The Accidental Spy, retrieved 2019-02-25