Cash at the series premieres of You're the Worst and Married in July 2014
|Born||Aya Rachel Cash
July 13, 1982
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Education||University of Minnesota/Guthrie Theater Actor Training Program|
|Spouse(s)||Josh Alexander (m. 2005)|
Aya Rachel Cash (born July 13, 1982) is an American television, film and stage actress. In December 2015, she received a Critics' Choice Television Award nomination for Best Actress in a Comedy Series for her lead role in the FX/FXX series You're the Worst.
Cash's television appearances include Brotherhood, Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Mercy, and The Newsroom. Cash was also a series regular in the 2011 Fox comedy Traffic Light, which ran for one season. She currently stars in the FX Network series You're the Worst as Gretchen Cutler. She received critical acclaim for her performance, with the website The A.V. Club calling her acting in the second season "the best TV performance of 2015".
Cash's film credits include The Oranges, Winter of Frozen Dreams, Off Jackson Avenue, Begin Again, The Bits In Between, and The Happy House. She had a small role as Janet, Jordan Belfort’s assistant in The Wolf of Wall Street.
|2008||Off Jackson Avenue||Olga|
|2009||Winter of Frozen Dreams||Prostitute|
|2009||The Bits in Between||Suzy|
|2012||Sleepwalk with Me||Hannah|
|2013||The Happy House||Wendy|
|2013||The Wolf of Wall Street||Janet|
|2014||Loitering with Intent||Jesse|
|2017||Brand New Old Love||Hannah Becker||Post-Production|
|2006||Law & Order||Janine Lesko||Episode: "Kingmaker"|
|2006||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Lori||Episode: "Weeping Willow"|
|2007||Brotherhood||Martha Danners||Episode: "Shelter from the Storm 1:1-2"|
|2007||Spellbound||Chrissy||Unaired CW pilot|
|2009||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Katrina Lychkoff||Episode: "Hothouse"|
|2010||Mercy||Bliss Edlestein||Episode: "Too Much Attitude and Not Enough Underwear"|
|2010||Strange Brew||Lizzy||Unaired FOX pilot|
|2011||Traffic Light||Callie||Main role; 13 episodes|
|2012||Friday Night Dinner||Lizzy||Unaired NBC pilot|
|2012||A Gifted Man||Trish Sulloway||Episode: "In Case of Heart Failure"|
|2013||The Newsroom||Shelly Wexler||3 episodes|
|2013||We Are Men||Claire||2 episodes|
|2014–present||You're the Worst||Gretchen Cutler||Lead role
Nominated – Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series (2016)
Nominated – TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Comedy (2016)
|2015||Modern Family||Vanessa||Episode: "Rash Decisions"|
|2015||The Good Wife||Amber Audrey||Episode: "Don't Fail"|
|2015||Sirens||Cindy||Episode: "Let Pythons be Pythons"|
- "Aya Rachel Cash, Born 07/13/1982 in California". CaliforniaBirthIndex.org. July 13, 1982. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Bio: Aya Cash". Fox 50 Raleigh Durham Fayetteville. February 2, 2011. Archived from the original on July 25, 2014.
- "A Guthrie 'guinea pig' makes good in Hollywood". Minneapolis Star Tribune. February 5, 2011.
- Oliver Lyttleton (April 28, 2014). "10 Comic Actresses Who Deserve A Big-Screen Leading Role". Indiewire.com.
- "The best TV performances of 2015". The A.V. Club. December 21, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2016.
- Michael Atkinson (May 2, 2013). "Modestly Made and Executed, The Happy House Is Pretty Likeable The Village Voice May 2, 2013". The Village Voice. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "Aya Cash From 'You're The Worst' Wasn't An Edgy Girl Next Door in 'Wolf of Wall Street'". Bustle. July 17, 2014. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- "Internet Off-Broadway Database Profile". Lortel.org. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- "'The Andy Greenwald Podcast': Aya Cash of 'You're the Worst'". Grantland. October 29, 2015.