Avraham Weinroth (born 1963) is the owner and founder of Avi Weinroth & Co. Law firm which specializes in litigation, real estate and commercial law. Weinroth was a senior partner for 25 years in the office of Jacob Weinroth (his brother) and in 2013 established his own law firm. Weinroth lectured on property law, banking law and corporate law at Tel-Aviv University and Peres Academic Center in Rehovot. Weinroth is the author of 18 books.
|Education||LLB, LLM at Bar-Ilan University PHD at Tel Aviv University|
|Occupation||Owner and Founder of Prof. Avi Weinroth & Co. Law firm|
Avraham (Avi) Weinroth was born in Israel. He studied in Rav Amiel Yeshiva "Ha'Yishuv Ha'Hadash" and later at the high rabbinical college Yeshivat Ateret Israel in Jerusalem. He served in the Israel Defense Forces in the Military Rabbinate and was ordained as a rabbi in 1984. He received his LL.B and LL.M, (summa cum laude), from Bar-Ilan University and his JSD from Tel Aviv University(part of the research was done in the McGill University in Montreal Canda). Weinroth's Thesis for the master's degree was on "Exemption from income tax in regard of public institutions" under the instruction of Prof. A. Namdar. Weinroth's doctoral thesis was on "The Application of Public Administrative Law to Governmental Companies" – instructed by Prof. A. Rosen-Tsvi (o.b.m) and Prof. I. Haviv-Segal. Both were published as leading books in their fields. Weinroth wrote a book about bank guarantees which in cited by the courts, including the Supreme Court.
Weinroth interned at the law firm of Adv. Hanan Melcer, today a Supreme Court judge and at S. Horowitz & Co.(Dr. Amnon Goldberg o.b.m). Weinroth began practicing law in 1989 at Dr. J. Weinroth & Co. In 2013 Weinroth founded his own law firm.
- Governmental Corporations – The Application of Public Administrative Law, Bursi Tel Aviv, 1995.
- Taxation of Non Profit Institutions (Income Tax and V.A.T), Choshen Lamishpat, 1992.
- Interest, Shoav Publishers Ltd., 1998.
- Loan Laws, co authored with Barak Medina, Bursi Publishers, 2000.
- Conditioning Service by Service at a Banking Corporation, co authored with Boaz Edelstein, Shoav Publishers Ltd., 2001.
- 'Property Law, The Israeli Bar Association, 2017.
- Bank Guarantees – Expanded Second Edition, Shoav Publishers Ltd., 2007.
- Feminism and Judaism, Yedioth Ahronoth Publishers, 2001.
- Theft and Plunder – Fundamental Chapters – Mosad Harav Kook I, 2002.
- Maamarei Avraham – Articles in Jewish Law, 1982.
- Spiritualism and Judaism – Ministry of Defense Publishers, as part of a series of the Broadcast University, 1996.
- Discretion in Halacha-Science Relations, Machshavot Publishers, 1992.
- Faith in G-D versus Human Effort (Bitahon ve Hishtadlut), 2006 (published by Feldheim). This book won the Jerusalem Prize for Torah and Literature 2008. It was published in English on 2013.
- The Value of Life in Jewish Law, Feldheim ,2010.
- Father's Wisdom: Articles Pertaining to Biblical Issues, Shoav Publishers, 2013.
- Insights in Prayer: Feldheim Publishers, 2014 in Hebrew and 2019 in English.
- Modern issues in Halacha, Shoav Publishers, 2017.
- Due process of law, Feldheim Publishers, 2017.
- "Insights of a defence attorney", Feldheim Publishers, 2019.
- On Theft, Plunder, and what Lies between Them, Ministry of Justice
- About the felony of attempt, Ministry of Justice
- Revenge in the Punishment System, Ministry of Justice
- Responsibility of an asset keeper on an Insured Property, Ministry of Justice.
- Compensation for Violation of the Autonomy rights, Ministry of Justice.
- Hindsight, Ministry of Justice.
- Expropriation for a public purpose when the purpose is no longer valid, Ministry of Justice.
- Women in Judicial Proceedings, Ministry of Justice .
- Risk of Life in Wartime, Ministry of Justice.
- Torah and Derech Eretz – Studying a profession and secular studies, Ministry of Justice
- The Value of Peace – as a basic norm, Ministry of Justice
- Social Justice in the Halacha
- Breaking a Commitment to Donate Bone Marrow' "Asia", a periodical of Medicine, Ethics and Halacha (Shlezinger Institute), no. 89-90, Aug, 2011, Vol. 23.
- Legal and Ethical aspects of Doctors' strike: "Asia", a periodical of Medicine, Ethics and Halacha (Shlezinger Institute), no. 93-94, 2013.
- The Essence of the Priestly Blessing – A lesson in the memory of Rabbi Moshe Aharon Weinroth o.b.m.
- The Essence of Kaddish, Prof. Avi Weinroth – A lesson in memory of Rabbi Moshe Aharon Weinroth o.b.m.