Autorickshaw are a Canadian world music band, who perform a blend of Indian Carnatic and Hindustani music with Western pop, funk and jazz. Formed in 2003 in Toronto, Ontario, the band consists of vocalist Suba Sankaran, tabla player Ed Hanley and bassist and beatboxer Dylan Bell.
They are three-time Juno Award nominees for World Music Album of the Year, receiving nominations at the Juno Awards of 2005 for Four Higher, at the Juno Awards of 2008 for So the Journey Goes and at the Juno Awards of 2018 for Meter.
The band have regularly toured both Canada and India.
- Autorickshaw (2003)
- Four Higher (2004)
- So the Journey Goes (2007)
- The Humours of Autorickshaw (2013)
- Meter (2017)
- "Tune into Carnatic, jazz and Hindustani beats of Canadian band Autorickshaw". Hindustan Times, December 9, 2017.
- "Juno nominations". Kingston Whig-Standard, February 8, 2005.
- "Juno nominees". Times & Transcript, February 6, 2008.
- "Juno Awards Reveal 2018 Nominees". Exclaim!, February 6, 2018.
- "Autorickshaw transports musical fusion". Vernon Morning Star, November 13, 2008.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|