Authentic Brands Group
Authentic Brands Group LLC is an American brand development and licensing company based out of New York, NY. In conjunction with Leonard Green & Partners, ABG's acquires, manages and builds value in consumer brands. ABG owns such consumer brands as Juicy Couture, Jones New York, Elvis Presley, Muhammad Ali, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Prince Tennis, Tapout, Hickey Freeman, Judith Leiber and several others.
|Headquarters||New York City|
|Jamie Salter (CEO)
Nick Woodhouse (President & CMO)
Kevin Clarke (CFO)
Chris Farrell (CSO)
On October 7, 2013, Authentic Brands Group announced the purchase of Juicy Couture from Fifth & Pacific for $195 million. On November 14, 2013, Authentic Brands Group announced plans to bring the brand to Kohl’s stores nationwide and Kohls.com, beginning in fall 2014.
On November 19, 2013, Authentic Brands Group announced the purchase of the estate of Muhammad Ali that would include all of Ali's intellectual property, including the largest library of photos and videos of the boxer in existence.
Authentic Brands Group purchases brands in the sports, celebrity, men's fashion and women's fashion categories and licenses the intellectual property to retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers and direct-to-consumer channels worldwide.
List of ABG brandsEdit
ABG's primary brands include:
- PALMIERI, JEAN (2013-01-30). "Authentic Brands Buys Judith Leiber, Taryn Rose, Adrienne Vittadini". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Kosman, Josh (28 November 2016). "Authentic Brands files confidentially for an IPO". New York Post. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- McCartney, Anthony (5 August 2012). "50 years on, Marilyn's star power shines bright". Washington Times. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "UPDATE 1-Fifth & Pacific sells Juicy Couture brand for $195 million". Reuters. 7 October 2013.
- "ABG buys Muhammad Ali estate".
- Spyder Active Sports acquired by N.Y. firm