Austria at the 1956 Summer Olympics
|Austria at the|
1956 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Austrian Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||29 (24 men and 5 women) in 11 sports|
|Flag bearer||Franz Wimmer|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
|Canoeing||Men's K-2 1000m|
|Rowing||Men's coxless pair|
- Adolf Gruber — 2:46:20 (→ 23rd place)
Men's 1.000m Time Trial
- Kurt Schein — 1:13.1 (→ 11th place)
Men's 4.000m Team Pursuit
Men's Individual Road Race
Four male cyclists represented Austria in 1956.
Women's 10m platform
- Eva Pfarrhofer
- Preliminary Round — 46.02 (→ did not advance, 13th place)
One fencer represented Austria in 1956.
|Athlete||Event||Race||Net points||Final rank|
- "Austria at the 1956 Melbourne Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2010.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Austria Rowing at the 1956 Melbourne Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
|This Austrian history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1956 Summer Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|