Australian Graduate School of Management
The Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM @ UNSW Business School) is a postgraduate management and business school that is part of the UNSW Business School at the University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney), in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. The AGSM offers general management, executive and leadership development programs.
AGSM offers Fulltime MBA, MBA (Executive), MBAX (an online MBA with specialisations in Change, Finance, Medical Technology & Pharmaceuticals, Social Impact and Technology), Master of Management, Graduate Certificates with specialisations in Change Management, Digital Innovation, Leadership, Management, Strategic Management or Technology Management) and short course executive education programs in Australia and online. For many years the school's MBA program has been ranked by the Financial Times as the best in Australia.
In 1977, UNSW established the AGSM as New South Wales' second school of postgraduate management studies. In January 1999, the AGSM and the Graduate School of Business of the University of Sydney merged under the AGSM brand. In November 2005, the universities demerged their business schools and the AGSM reverted to wholly UNSW ownership.
In mid-2007, the faculties physically combined, and moved into UNSW's newly renovated Heffron Building, which UNSW renamed the Australian School of Business Building.
In 2011 Professor Chris Styles was appointed as Deputy Dean and Director AGSM, and the Master of Business & Technology program was added to AGSM offering. In June 2014, Professor Julie Cogin was appointed Director of AGSM, following the elevation of Professor Styles to Dean of the UNSW Business School. The current Director of AGSM is Professor Nick Wailes.
The AGSM offers a full-time MBA program in Sydney which generally takes 16 months to complete. Alternatively, students can complete one of two part-time MBAs - AGSM MBA (Executive) or the MBAX (where 'x' stands for a student's chosen specialisation), an AGSM Graduate Certificate.
- #1 MBA Program in Australia, Financial Times (UK) 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
- #1 MBA Program in Australia and Asia, Forbes bi-annual survey 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007
- #1 MBA (Executive) Program in Australia, Financial Times (UK) 2001-2007
- #1 MBA in Australia, Forbes magazine (2015)
- 4 MBA in the world, QS Online MBA Rankings 2020
- 8 MBA in the world, Forbes Global MBA Rankings 2019
- #9 MBA in the FT (UK) Online MBA Rankings 2019
- Australian Graduate School of Management#Rankings
- "University Timeline Exhibition: 1973". Records and Archives Office. UNSW Sydney. 24 March 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- AGSM (2005). AGSM to return to sole ownership by UNSW Archived 19 July 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Robert James Heffron - A Founding Father of UNSW" (PDF). Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Julie Cogin". UNSW Australia Business School. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "AGSM MBA (full-time)". UNSW Australia Business School. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- "Graduate Certificate in Change Management". UNSW Australia Business School. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- AGSM (2005). AGSM ranked top business school in Australia and Asia by Forbes magazine Archived 6 February 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- AGSM (2006). AGSM ranked leading business school in Australia for Executive Programs Archived 6 December 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- AGSM (2006). AGSM MBA (Executive) #1 in Australia for 6th consecutive year Archived 24 November 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- Body, Annabelle (29 October 2015). "Forbes Ranks AGSM's MBA Best In Australia". Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "AGSM Alumni networks". Australian Graduate School of Management. Archived from the original on 15 March 2009. Retrieved 15 February 2009.