Aurora is a Spanish-language telenovela produced by the United States-based television network Telemundo. It starred Sara Maldonado, Eugenio Siller, and Jorge Luis Pila. As part of the 2010–11 season, Telemundo aired the series from November 1, 2010 to May 20, 2011 weeknights at 8pm/7pm central, replacing El Clon. As with most of its other telenovelas, the network broadcasts English subtitles as closed captions on CC3.
|Created by||Marcela Citterio|
|Developed by||Telemundo Studios|
|Directed by||David Posada |
|Starring||Sara Maldonado |
Jorge Luis Pila
|Theme music composer||Marco Flores|
|Opening theme||"Aurora" by Eugenio Siller|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||135|
|Executive producer||Aurelio Valcárcel Carroll|
|Production locations||New York City, Miami, Florida|
|Editors||Ramiro Pardo |
Hader Antivar Duque
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||November 1, 2010 –|
May 20, 2011
|Preceded by||El Clon|
|Followed by||Mi corazón insiste en Lola Volcán|
The Main Female protagonists are Sara Maldonado and Lisette Morelos while the main male protagonist are Eugenio Siller and Jorge Luis Pila. The Main Female Antagonist in the telenovelas first episode is initially Vanessa Pose as Vanessa Miller however Aylin Mújica becomes an antagonist from the second episode onwards playing an older Vanessa Miller, Vanessa Pose then went on to play Victoria Houghton, Vanessa’s daughter. Monica Franco went on to play a bigger antagonist as well in the telenovela. Sara Maldonado left the production after 103 episodes for personal reasons and the plot line had to change Aylin Mujica’s character changed making her a Co-protagonist, Monica Franco’s character was removed also. Vanessa Pose left the telenovela but was asked however to come back and take Sara Maldonado’s place as a Main Female Protagonist she accepted and her character was cryogenically revived, Sonya Smith also came onto to replace Sara Maldonado as Angela Amenábar. Zuleyka Rivera went on to play the main female antagonist, while Melvin Cabrera the Main Male Antagonist. Due to Sara Maldonado’s departure and the change of storyline more actors were added include David Chocarro, Carolina Tejera, Zully Montero, Angelica Maria and Juan Pablo Llano
Set in New York City, the story begins in 1990 with a 20-year-old dancer named Aurora Ponce de León (Sara Maldonado). She attends New York School of the Arts with her two best friends, Natalia Suárez (Talina Duclaud) and Vanessa Miller (Vanessa Pose). One night after a dance rehearsal, they all go to a bar, where Aurora meets Lorenzo Lobos (Eugenio Siller), a dance instructor and single father. Aurora and Lorenzo fall madly in love but Vanessa, who had always been jealous of Aurora, is infuriated by this because she is also in love with Lorenzo. She tries everything to separate them, going as far as inviting Lorenzo to Aurora's lavish twentieth birthday party (Lorenzo was unaware that Aurora was wealthy), where she makes sure he sees Federico (Ismael La Rosa) kiss Aurora. Lorenzo storms off, believing that he has been betrayed. Aurora runs after Lorenzo and declares her love for him, but it doesn't work and Lorenzo wants nothing more to do with Aurora.
Aurora returns home heartbroken and after an argument with her father, Gustavo (Braulio Castillo), she faints. Gustavo takes her to his cryogenic clinic to run tests. It is discovered that Aurora is pregnant with Lorenzo's baby. Her father refuses to tell Lorenzo about the pregnancy and sends her as far away from him as possible.
A few months pass and Aurora tries to run away and return to Lorenzo, but she falls and goes into labor. She gives birth to a girl, who she names Blanca. Aurora becomes very ill and on her deathbed, calls Lorenzo, and says to him with her dying breath, "I will always love you." Lorenzo hears a flat line and all the commotion, and Gustavo decides to freeze Aurora in a cryogenic capsule.
Aurora wakes up after 20 years, only to discover that Lorenzo (Jorge Luis Pila) is married to Natalia (Sandra Destenave). Blanca (Lisette Morelos) doesn't know that Aurora is her mother, because she was raised by her grandparents, who told her that her mother was her sister. Aurora plays along with it and keeps her real identity a secret. However, after Lorenzo's son Martin (Eugenio Siller) falls in love with Aurora, all the secrets starts coming out. Nothing remains the same as father and son share one love. But will the love of them last?
- Sara Maldonado as Aurora Ponce de León - Main Protagonist. In love with Lorenzo. Died of illnes, brought back to life after 20 years by Gustavo. Daughter of Inés and Gustavo. Blanca and Aurorita's mother. Dies in car accident.
- Eugenio Siller as Martín Lobos / Lorenzo Lobos (young) / Sebastián Lobos (young) - Main Protagonist. In love with Aurora, later falls in love with Victoria. Lorenzo's son, revealed to be his nephew. Doctor and later owner of Cryonics Clinic. Has two children with Victoria.
- Jorge Luis Pila as Lorenzo Lobos - Main Protagonist, in love with Aurora. Later falls in love with Angela. Natalia's ex-husband, helped raise Nina. Blanca and Aurorita's father. Father of Martin, revealed to be his uncle. Ends up with Angela.
- Lisette Morelos as Blanca Lobos Ponce de León - Protagonist, Aurora and Lorenzo's daughter. Believed she was Aurora's sister. Hated Aurora but forgives her. Martin's half-sister, later revealed to be his cousin. In love with Caesar and marries him. Has twins with Caesar.
- Vanessa Pose as Victoria "Vicky" Hutton Miller / Vanessa Miller Quintana (young) - Protagonist. Blanca's childhood friend. Vanessa's daughter. In love with Caesar, later Martin. Poisoned by Elizabeth, brought back to life by Martin. Marries Martin and has two children.
- Aylín Mújica as Vanessa Miller Quintana de Álvarez Antagonist, later good. Aurora's friend, was in love with Lorenzo. Hated Aurora. Victoria's mother and ex-lover of Caesar. Marries Federico and has child with Caesar.
- Sonya Smith as Angela Amenábar -Main Protagonist. Lawyer, gets Lorenzo out of prison. In love with Lorenzo.
- Carolina Tejera as Clara Amenábar - Angela's sister, in love with Christian.
- Angélica María as Pasión Urquijo - Aurora's godmother and Christian's mother. Died of illness, brought back to life by Martin.
- Pablo Azar as César Lobos / Julio César Lobos de la Vega - Antagonist, later good. Lorenzo and Natalia's adoptive son. Biological son of Elizabeth. Blanca's husband and Vanessa's ex-lover. Father of Blanca and Vanessa's children.
- David Chocarro as Christian Santana / Christian Miller Urquijo - Pasión's son. Catalina's godson. In love with Victoria, later falls in love with Nina.
- Zully Montero as Catalina Quintana de Pérez - Antagonist, later good. Vannesa's mother. Hated Pasíon. Ex-wife of drug lord killed by Caesar.
- Braulio Castillo as Dr. Gustavo Ponce de León - Aurora's father. Founder of Cryonics Clinic. Ex-husband of Inés and Elizabeth. Elizabeth's former accomplice. Later marries Natalia.
- Ismael La Rosa as Federico Álvarez de Toledo Antagonist, later good. Was Aurora's suitor. In love with Vanessa and later marries her.
- Sandra Destenave as Natalia Suárez - Antagonist, later good. Lorenzo's ex-wife, Aurora's friend. Nina's mother. Marries Gustavo.
- Karen Sentíes as Inés Ponce de León - Aurora's mother. Gustavo's ex-wife. Hated Pasíon. Falls in love with Roque.
- Melvin Cabrera as Ernesto Podestá - Main Antagonist, obsessed with Victoria. Nina's Father and Lorenzo's former friend. Ends in jail and escapes. Killed by Catalina.
- Mónica Franco as Dr. Elizabeth Oviedo - Main Antagonist, serial killer. Doctor at Cryonics Clinic and Gustavo's ex-wife. Caesar's biological mother. Ends up in asylum and later becomes good. Killed by Ernesto.
- Talina Duclaud as Nina Lobos / Natalia Suárez (young) - Antagonist, later good. Ernesto and Natalia's daughter. Blanca's friend. Obsessed with Martin and hated Aurora. Later falls in love with Christian.
- Zuleyka Rivera as Diana del Valle - Main Antagonist, Martin's obsessive ex-girlfriend. Killed by Vanessa.
- Rubén Morales as Roque - Driver of the Ponce de Leon's. In love with Inés.
- Miguel Augusto Rodríguez as Dr. Williams - Doctor at Cryonics Clinic, in love with Gustavo.
- Carla Rodríguez as Dr. Liliana Rosales - Martin's lover, killed by Elizabeth and Dr. Williams.
- Juan Pablo Llano as Ramiro - Patient at Cryonics Clinic, brought back to life after 30 years by Elizabeth and Martin. Dies after one year.
- Sabrina Pila as Aurora "Aurorita" Lobos Ponce de León -Daughter of Aurora and Lorenzo.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2012||The Best Bad Girl||Aylín Mújica||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Jorge Luis Pila||Nominated|
|Best Novela Soundtrack||Aurora, by Eugenio Siller||Nominated|