Aurora (2018 Filipino film)
This article is missing information about the film's production, theatrical/home media releases, and reception.October 2019)(
Aurora is a 2018 Filipino horror thriller film written and directed by Yam Laranas and starring Anne Curtis. It serves as an official entry to the 2018 Metro Manila Film Festival and marks Curtis' third and last film of 2018, following her box-office hits Sid & Aya: Not a Love Story and BuyBust. The film is inspired by the 1987 disaster of MV Doña Paz's collision with MT Vector.
|Directed by||Yam Laranas|
|Story by||Gin de Mesa|
|Music by||Oscar Fogelström|
|Distributed by||Viva Films|
|Box office||₱107 million|
The story follows Leana (Curtis) who lives peacefully in the island with her younger sister Rita. Everything changes when a ship named Aurora crashes near their vicinity. Rita has an ability to see dead people, but every time she sees them, disastrous and catastrophic events occur. Leana must then protect the young girl at any cost before it is too late. The film was partially inspired by the sinking of the Philippines' MV Doña Paz.
- Molloy, Tim (August 20, 2018). "'Aurora': Watch the Mesmerizing Trailer for Yam Laranas' Shipwreck Ghost Story (Exclusive Video)". TheWrap. Retrieved October 23, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "MMFF 2018 breaks box office record". BusinessWorld. 11 January 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Abanilla, Clarizel (June 21, 2018). "Anne Curtis stars in thriller film 'Aurora'". INQUIRER.net. Inquirer (Entertainment). Event occurs at 01:57 PM. Retrieved August 8, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Anne Curtis looks sweet, innocent in 3rd upcoming film". ABS-CBN Corporation News. ABS-CBN(Entertainment). May 9, 2018. Event occurs at 08:39 PM. Retrieved August 8, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Samio, Veronica (July 1, 2018). "Anne magso-solo sa Aurora!". Philippine Star. Event occurs at 12:00 AM. Retrieved August 8, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Arsua, Koji (August 24, 2018). "Anne Curtis to star in the horror movie "Aurora"". When in Manila. Retrieved August 25, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)