Aurélie Muller (born 7 June 1990) is a French swimmer, who specializes in long-distance freestyle events and open water marathon. She won the 10-kilometer competition at the 2015 world championship in Kazan, Russia and at the 2017 world championship in Budapest, Hungary.
Muller in 2019
|Born||7 June 1990|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|Strokes||Freestyle, open water|
|Club||Cercle des nageurs narbonnais|
In 2006, Muller claimed two freestyle titles (400 and 1500 m) under a junior division at the European Championships in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, and at the FINA World Championships in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with respective times of 4:15.72 and 16:35.32.
Muller qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, after placing ninth from the FINA World Open Water Swimming Championships in Seville, Spain. Muller swam in the first ever women's 10 km open water marathon, against a field of 24 other competitors. Muller finished the race in twenty-first place with a total time of 2:02:04.1, approximately two minutes behind winner Larisa Ilchenko of Russia.
At the 2011 FINA World Championships in Shanghai, China, Muller edged out U.S. swimmer Ashley Twichell to clinch a silver medal by a single tenth margin (0.1) in the women's 5 km marathon with a time of 1:00:40.1.
Muller also sought to qualify for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, but missed an A-standard cut (8:33.84) in the 800 m freestyle from the national trials in Dunkirk by nearly twelve seconds, clocking at 8:45.55.
In 2015, after a switch from Sarreguemines to the Narbonne Swim Club, she becomes world champion in the 10-kilometer competition, the only olympic event, in Kazan and qualifies for the Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Aurélie Muller". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Clary Posts Strong Finish to World Youth Champs". Swimming World. 28 August 2006. Archived from the original on 13 May 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Rusticus, Oene (9 July 2006). "Italy Highlights Third Day of European Junior Championships". Swimming World. Archived from the original on 1 March 2007. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- Munatones, Steven (3 May 2008). "FINA World Open Water Championships: Dreams Come True". Swimming World. Archived from the original on 20 June 2013. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Women's Marathon 10km". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "FINA World Championships, Open Water: Swann Oberson, Thomas Lurz Capture 5K Crowns". Swimming World. 21 July 2011. Archived from the original on 27 May 2013. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Lurz wins his 7th consecutive title in 5km". 2011 FINA Shanghai. 23 July 2011. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "French Olympic Trials: Laure Manaudou Earns Another Olympic Spot; USA's Tyler McGill Blasts 100 Fly". Swimming World. 24 March 2012. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "LEN Awards 2015". LEN. 5 January 2016. Archived from the original on 3 February 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Rio Olympics 2016: Sharon van Rouwendaal wins open water swim; Keri-Anne Payne seventh". BBC. 15 August 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- Keith, Braden (15 August 2016). "Aurélie Muller DQ'ed after winning silver medal in women's 10km swim". Swimswam. Retrieved 15 August 2016.