Auli Mantila (born 27 May 1964) is a Finnish film director, writer, producer and actress.
Mantila is best known for having directed the films Neitoperho (1997), Pelon maantiede (2000) and Ystäväni Henry (2004). In addition, she has appeared as an actress in Juho Kuosmanen's film Taulukauppiaat (2010). In October 2008, she won a Prix Europa trophy for best drama series for directing a television series Hopeanuolet. Mantila's first novel Varpunen was published in 2005. She has also written and directed for Finnish radio.
Originally Auli Mantila studied to become a class teacher, but soon switched to art education. In recent years, she has mostly worked as a producer and a consultant for a number of short subjects and documentaries. In 2011, Arts Council of Finland nominated Mantila as Artist Professor of Film Art for the period of 2012–2016.
Mantila has stated that her work as a director has helped her to get to know more of human nature. Through her work, she also aims to help people put their best foot forward.
- Marja (1994)
- Neitoperho (1997)
- Pelon maantiede (1999)
- Ystäväni Henry (2004)
- Yksinen (2008)
- Kaupunkilaisia (2008)
- "ELONET – Auli Mantila". KAVA. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Suikkanen, Päivi. "Yksinen – ohjaaja Auli Mantila | yle.fi – Arkistoitu". Yle. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- Majander, Antti. "Helsingin Sanomat – Verkkoliite". Helsingin Sanomat. Archived from the original on 23 September 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Auli Mantila – Finland | LinkedIn". LinkedIn Corporation. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "ME | Mantila&Ståhl". Mantila&Ståhl. Archived from the original on 30 June 2012. Retrieved 29 January 2013.