Augustin Botescu was a Romanian football manager who coached Romania at the 1960 European Nations' Cup qualifiers and Romania's Olympic team at the 1960 Summer Olympics qualifiers, failing to qualify for both tournaments. He has a total of 7 games as the national team manager, consisting of 2 victories and 5 losses (11 games, 3 victories, one draw, 7 losses, including Romania's Olympic team games). Botescu won as a manager the Romanian Cup with Progresul București in 1960. He coached Metalul București, Progresul București, Farul Constanţa and Politehnica Iași in 141 Divizia A games. Botescu also worked as an accountant.
|Place of birth||Băilești, Romania|
- European Championship 1960 – Details Final Tournament Archived March 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "Criza naționalei are un singur precedent: cum a ajuns România să fie desființată" [The crisis of the national team has only one precedent: how Romania came to be abolished] (in Romanian). Prosport.ro. 4 April 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2020.
- "Augustin Botescu". European Football. Retrieved 11 September 2020.
- Augustin Botescu at WorldFootball.net
- "Romanian Cup - Season 1959 - 1960". RomanianSoccer. Retrieved 11 September 2020.
- "Augustin Botescu". Labtof. Retrieved 11 September 2020.