Attock Oil Company, informally called Attock Group, also known as the Pharaon Group, is a UK-domiciled conglomerate company based in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. It is the sole vertically integrated oil conglomerate company active in Pakistani market.
|Headquarters||Manchester, England, United Kingdom|
|Mr. Laith G. Pharaon (Chairman)|
|Revenue||US$ 4.11 billion (2012–2013)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Attock Cement |
Attock Petroleum Limited
Attock Refinery Limited
National Refinery Limited
Pakistan Oilfields Limited
Attock Oil Company Limited (AOC) was incorporated in England on 1 December 1913, and extended into Pakistan as a branch office of a foreign company for the principal business of exploration, drilling and production of petroleum products.
AOC met its first oil discovery in 1915 at Khaur, Attock District. Thereafter, AOC made significant contributions in promoting oil and gas exploration in the country by opening up the Potohar Basin as a new oil province. The Potohar Basin remained the only oil producing basin in Pakistan till the early 1970s.
Although the company was established by British entrepreneurs and investors control was purchased by Saudi entrepreneur investor Gaith Pharaon in the 1970s. Pharaon's offspring still the company and the spinoffs and purchased subsidiaries.
The Attock Oil Company consists of the following companies:
- "Attock Group to invest in Pakistan". Dawn (newspaper). 12 April 2004. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Raheel Ahmed (17 April 2013). "For Attock Group, refinery wing grows, petroleum, exploration drag profitability - The Express Tribune". Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "AOC | Company Profile".
- Saad Hasan (16 August 2014). "Corporate results: Attock Group records Rs22.6b profits - The Express Tribune". Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Attock Petroleum profit rises 38pc to Rs5.3bn". Dawn (newspaper). 12 September 2017. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Attock Oil Co okays $400m investment". Dawn (newspaper). 15 March 2004. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Attock Gen. Limited. agl.com.pk. Retrieved 3 May 2022.