The school is the first Infant through 12th grade Jewish day school in Greater Atlanta. It previously had two campuses, the lower school located in Sandy Springs and the upper school located in Doraville. However, in August 2017, the upper school moved into a new building added on to the Sandy Springs location.
The first head of school was Rabbi Pinchos Hecht. The second head of school is Rabbi Ari Leubitz, who began his term on August 1, 2016.
- "Atlanta Jewish Academy Opens Its Doors for 2014-15". Atlanta Jewish Times. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Home. Atlanta Jewish Academy. Retrieved on June 1, 2017. "Lower School 5200 Northland Drive Atlanta, GA 30342" and "Upper School 3130 Raymond Drive Atlanta, GA 30340"
- "Zoning Map." City of Doraville. September 6, 2016. Retrieved on June 1, 2017.
- "AdvancED - Institution Summary". www.advanc-ed.org. Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Atlanta Jewish Academy - SAIS". www.sais.org. Retrieved 2015-11-12.