Athletics at the 2002 Central American and Caribbean Games
The track and field competition at the 2002 Central American and Caribbean Games was held at the Estadio Nacional Flor Blanca in San Salvador, El Salvador, between 1 and 6 December 2002. Results were reported and discussed in detail on a day-by-day basis.
|Athletics at the XIX CAC Games|
Host stadium in San Salvador.
|Dates||1–6 December 2002|
|Host city||San Salvador|
|Venue||Estadio Nacional Flor Blanca|
|Participation||282 athletes from |
|Records set||6 Games records|
Detailed results were published.
- For full event details see Athletics at the 2002 Central American and Caribbean Games – Results
†: Lorena de la Rosa from the Dominican Republic was tested positive for nandrolone, she and here teams were disqualified. Initially, she was 2nd in the 400m event (53.09s), 1st as member of the 4 × 100m relay team (44.90s), and 2nd as member of the 4 × 400m relay team (3:32.88min).
|9||British Virgin Islands||1||0||0||1|
|13||Antigua and Barbuda||0||1||1||2|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||0||0||1||1|
|Trinidad and Tobago||0||0||1||1|
|Totals (18 nations)||43||43||43||129|
According to an unofficial count, 282 athletes from 28 countries participated.
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (December 2, 2002), Guevara qualifies easily in San Salvador, as good jumps and throws occur in Havana, IAAF, retrieved August 14, 2012
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (December 3, 2002), ‘Aztec Queen’ leads Golden spree in El Salvador, IAAF, retrieved August 14, 2012
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (December 4, 2002), First Jamaican gold at CAC Games, IAAF, retrieved August 14, 2012
- Vriesde takes Surinam's first gold and Allen completes third 100-200 double in CAC Games, IAAF, December 6, 2002, retrieved August 14, 2012
- Clavelo Robinson, Javier (December 7, 2002), Guevara and Sanchez relays provide golden end to CAC Games, IAAF, retrieved August 14, 2012
- ATLETISMO JUEGOS DEPORTIVOS CAC, SAN SALVADOR 2002 – RESULTADOS (Actualizados hasta el 16 de diciembre de 2002) (in Spanish), ODECABE, 16 December 2002, archived from the original on 2 October 2003, retrieved January 12, 2015
- Membreño, O.; Carbajal, J. (27 December 2002), Una docena de medallas – Doce atletas que participaron en la justa regional que finalizó el pasado siete de diciembre dieron positivo en las pruebas antidopaje (in Spanish), El Diario de Hoy, archived from the original on 2009-01-07, retrieved January 13, 2015
- Odecabe confirma que cada federación sancionará los casos de dopaje (in Spanish), Diario Co Latino, 28 December 2002, archived from the original on 18 January 2015, retrieved January 13, 2015
- Carbajal, Jorge (23 March 2003), Más nandrolona – La nandrolona es una de las sustancias que más veces se encontró en los casos de dopaje (in Spanish), El Diario de Hoy, archived from the original on 2005-01-03, retrieved January 13, 2015
- Montesinos, Enrique (2013). "The Oldest Regional Games: Central American & Caribbean Sports Games" (PDF). CACSO.
- "Central American and Caribbean Games (Men)". GBR Athletics.
- "Central American and Caribbean Games (Women)". GBR Athletics.
- 2002 Central American and Caribbean Games - finals results (sportfieber.pytalhost.com) at the Wayback Machine (archived September 27, 2013)