Atelier Crenn is a restaurant in the Cow Hollow neighborhood in San Francisco, California. Opened in 2011 by Dominique Crenn, the restaurant became the seventh restaurant in San Francisco Bay Area to be awarded three Michelin stars by the Michelin Guide in 2018.
|Head chef||Dominique Crenn|
|Street address||3127 Fillmore St|
Atelier Crenn opened in January 2011. The restaurant is a homage to her father.
By 2013, the restaurant earned two Michelin stars making Dominique Crenn the first female chef to earn the distinction in the United States. In 2018, Atelier Crenn earned three Michelin stars for 2019 which again made her not only the first, but also the only female chef to do so in the United States. Crenn earned the award "best female chef in the world", a distinction she is dismissive of as she believes there is no reason for gender separation in culinary skills.
As of 2018, the tasting menu cost approximately $335. The menu is written as a poem, each line is influenced by her father's teachings of art and expresses Dominique's childhood on a farm. The 12 course tasting menu heavily focuses on fish.
The restaurant has been described as "wonderful balance of grace, artistry, technical ability and taste".
- "A First Look Inside Atelier Crenn, Opening January 21". Grub Street. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "Michelin releases 2019 California guide: Angler and Sorrel get stars, Saison loses a star". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- Bloom, Jonathan (2018-12-07). "Chef Dominique Crenn Gets Her Third Michelin Star". NBC Bay Area. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Sutoon, Ryan (2018-11-28). "Dominique Crenn Finally Earns Her Third Michelin Star". Eater SF. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Advani, Reena (27 December 2018). "Chef Dominique Crenn: 'Everything I Do Could Have ... Impact' For Other Women". NPR. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Dalton, Andrew (2018-06-28). "Atelier Crenn Joins Michael Bauer's Four-Star Club". Eater SF. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Zavoral, Linda (2018-11-30). "Want to eat at a 3-star Michelin Bay Area restaurant? Here's what it will cost you". The Mercury News. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- CBE, Lady Barbara Judge (14 December 2018). "Bar Crenn and Atelier Crenn". Forbes. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- Kane, Peter Lawrence (2018-11-29). "Atelier Crenn Wins That Third Michelin Star at Last". SF Weekly. Retrieved 29 December 2018.