Astrid Lindgren's World
Astrid Lindgren's World Entrance
It was opened in 1981 as a Fairytale Village (Sagobyn). In 1981, they built Katthult. the first house together on a 1:3 scale. Over the years, more settings were added all built on a 1:3 scale. 
In its 180,000 square metres, visitors meet all the beloved characters from books by Astrid Lindgren. All the environments are built as prescribed in the books and they give child visitors the possibility to enter into the stories of Pippi Longstocking, Emil i Lönneberga, Karlsson-on-the-Roof, and many others of Astrid Lindgren's beloved characters.
Astrid Lindgrens World is open in the summer from May to August. During the summer season events go on all day long, both on stage and improvised all around the park. The small stage just inside the entrance and the main stage shows every day special written scenes with music that includes singing and dancing. There are various performances by the characters including Pippi at her home, Villa Villekulla.
Meeting with the environments and the interaction with the well-known characters form an important part of the offering. Besides the theme park, Astrid Lindgren's World also offers its visitors many different types of lodging options and a wide selection of places for picnics, coffeehouse and restaurant visits.
- "Astrid Lindgrens World". vimmerby.com. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "Sagobyn". astridlindgrensvarld.se. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "In Astrid Lindgren's World stories come to life". vimmerby.com. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "Astrid Lindgren's World in Vimmerby". visitsmaland.se. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
- "Welcome to Astrid Lindgren's Vimmerby in Småland". vimmerby.com. Retrieved December 1, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Astrid Lindgrens värld.|
- Astrid Lindgrens värld) Official Site
- The Astrid Lindgren Company website
- The wild world of Pippi Longstocking