Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP) is an international trade association of non-profit publishers created in 1972. It is the largest association of scholarly and professional publishers in the world, with nearly 300 members in 30 countries.
|Motto||Shaping the Future of Learned and Professional Publishing|
|Legal status||A company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales|
|Purpose||To connect, inform, develop and represent the scholarly and professional publishing community and to be an advocate on behalf of the non-profit publishing sector|
|Headquarters||Egale1, 80 St Albans Road, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 1DL, UK|
|Nearly 300 members in 30 countries|
The ALPSP Awards recognise excellence and innovation in scholarly communications. The winners are announced at the ALPSP Conference.
Iaboration with the Society for Scholarly Publishing (SSP), ALPSP publishes a peer reviewed quarterly journal called Learned Publishing, covering the field of scholarly publishing. The journal is freely available to all members of ALPSP and SSP. The journal is published on behalf of ALPSP by Wiley. The journal is indexed and has an Impact Factor, and is considered to be of a high level and to offer stimulating insights on the evolution of digital publishing.
The current Editor-in-Chief is Pippa Smart, and the US Editor is Lettie Conrad.
ALPSP runs a series of events including training workshops, seminars, webinars and other events at various meetings, such as Frankfurt and London Book Fairs. It runs a three-day annual conference that attracts several hundred participants from around the world.
- Hames, Irene (2007). Peer review and manuscript management in scientific journals: guidelines for good practice. Wiley-Blackwell. p. Appendix III. ISBN 978-1-4051-3159-9.
- "About us". ALPSP. Archived from the original on December 11, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "ALPSP Awards". Archived from the original on 2015-12-11. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Learned Publishing". Archived from the original on December 11, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- Schuwer, Philippe. "Un périodique des plus stimulants". Persée (in French). Retrieved December 23, 2010.
- "ALPSP Events". Archived from the original on December 11, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "ALPSP Conference". Archived from the original on December 11, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.