Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations
The Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation constituted through and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The ARISF's members are international sports federations recognised by the IOC that currently do not compete in either the Summer or Winter Olympics. It was formed in 1983. It is headed by Raffaele Chiulli, who is the President of ARISF.
|Motto||Empowering sports diversity|
|Purpose||Inter-sports federation organisation|
|42 governing bodies of sports federations|
The Council is composed of a President, Vice-President, Secretary General and three members, all from different sports federations.
|President||Raffaele Chiulli||Italy||World Federation of Powerboating|
|Vice-President||Fernando Aguerre||Argentina||International Surfing Association|
|Secretary General||Riccardo Fraccari||Italy||World Baseball Softball Confederation|
|Council Members||Keith D. Calkins||United States||International Racquetball Federation|
|Molly Rhone||Jamaica||International Netball Federation|
|Anna Arzhanova||Russia||World Underwater Federation|
The following 42 governing bodies are members of the ARISF. The p in between the date means provisional recognition while the date alone means full recognition.
Notes and referencesEdit
- "ARISF Association of IOC Recognised International Sport Federation". arisf.org. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- "New ARISF Council elected". Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations. 5 June 2013. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "ARISF - Members". arisf.org. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- including aerobatics, air racing, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, and parachuting/skydiving
- including carom billiards, pocket billiards/pool, and snooker
- including roller racing, rink hockey and artistic