Associação Desportiva Cabofriense
|Full name||Associação Desportiva Cabofriense|
|Founded||November 15, 1955 (A.A. Cabofriense)|
January 2, 1997 (A.D. Cabofriense)
|Ground||Correão, Cabo Frio, Brazil|
|Chairman||Valdemir da Silva Mendes|
|Head coach||Alfredo Sampaio|
The club was founded on November 15, 1955 as Associação Atlética Cabofriense, and after the team retired from professional competitions in 1993, some of the club's former officials formed a new team in 1997, called Associação Desportiva Cabofriense. Associação Desportiva Cabofriense then changed its name to Cabo Frio Futebol Clube in 1999. In 2001, Cabo Frio changed its name back to Associação Desportiva Cabofriense.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Campeonato Carioca Second Division:
- Winners (5): 1986, 1988, 2002, 2010, 2013
The club's mascot is a marlin fish, named Espada ("Sword" in Portuguese). According to Cabofriense's website, the marlin was chosen as a mascot because it represents strength, vigor, combativeness and technique.
- Lancepédia - A Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro (in Portuguese). 1. Rio de Janeiro: Lance! Publicações. August 2009. p. 156. ISBN 978-85-88651-14-2.
- Rodolfo Rodrigues (2009). Escudos dos Times do Mundo Inteiro. Panda Books. p. 69.
- "CNEF - Cadastro Nacional de Estádios de Futebol" (PDF) (in Portuguese). Confederação Brasileira de Futebol. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 14, 2009. Retrieved December 23, 2012.