Assensbanen was a state-owned Danish railway line on Funen, between Tommerup Stationsby on the Funen Main Line and Assens. The line opened on 31 May 1884 and was closed to passenger traffic on 21 May 1966. After freight traffic had lost its importance, the Minister of Transport decided to close the line completely.
|Opened||1 June 1884|
|Closed||21 May 1966|
|Line length||29.2 km (18.1 mi)|
|Number of tracks||Single|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
In the summer time, from 5 April to 21 October, it is now possible to ride the tracks the entire distance, about 30 km, on trolley cycles available for hire.
Somewhat confusingly, the station in Tommerup Stationsby is referred to as "Tommerup" owing to its earlier opening, whereas the now defunct station in the nearby town of Tommerup was named Knarreborg to avoid ambiguity.
- Tommerup railway station (Tp) in Tommerup Stationsby, transfer to the Funen Main Line
- Knarreborg railway station (Kg) in Tommerup
- Kivsmose Trinbræt (Kmt)
- Nårup railway station (Hp)
- Holtegård Trinbræt (Hgt)
- Glamsbjerg railway station (Gm)
- Koppenbjerg Trinbræt (Kbt)
- Flemløse railway station (Fø)
- Høed Trinbræt (Høt)
- Ebberup railway station (Ep)
- Kærum Billetslagssted (Kjæ)
- Assens (Ac)
- Assensbanen on danskejernbaner.dk