Asifabad is a census town and the district headquarters of Kumuram Bheem district in the Indian state of Telangana. It is located in Asifabad mandal of Asifabad revenue division. It is situated on the banks of Peddavagu river.It is about 309 kilometres (192 mi) north of the state capital Hyderabad,86 kilometres (53 mi) from Ramagundam, 118 kilometres (73 mi) from Adilabad and 148 kilometres (92 mi) from Karimnagar.
|• Total||16.70 km2 (6.45 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 20|
Asifabad was ruled by many dynasties like the Kakatiyas, Mauryas, Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Qutub Shahis & Asaf Jahis. In 1905, Asifabad was carved as a district but was later merged into the Adilabad district. In 1913, it was made as headquarters of the district prior to the status being lost to Adilabad in 1941. It was again carved from Adilabad district in 2016.
Asifabad is located at. It has an average elevation of 218 metres (715 feet)
As per 2001 India census, Asifabad had a population of 19,334. Males constitute 52% of the population and females constitute 48% of the population. Asifabad has an average literacy rate of 62%, with 59% of the males and 41% of females literate.
The State Highway 1, Rajiv Rahadari, Hyderabad-Karimnagar-Ramagundam-Bellampalli-Chandrapur highway passes through Asifabad. Asifabad is connected to Hyderabad, Warangal, Pamuru, Nizamabad, Vemulawada, Godavarikhani, Karimnagar cities and surrounding villages in Telangana by the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation bus depot.
The town is served by Asifabad Road [ASAF] railway station which is located 19 km away at Rebbena. However Sirpur Kaghaznagar [SKZR] railway station provides good connectivity with Asifabad town and its A+ category station located 28 km from Asifabad. The railway station lies on New Delhi–Chennai main line. It is administered by South Central Railway zone, Secunderabad division.
- Hanuman temple
- Kanyaka Parameshwari temple
- Keshavnath temple
- Baleshwara temple
This is the list of educational institutions in the city.
- Govt Jr College
- Government Boys High School
- Government Girls High School
- Sree Saraswati Sishu Mandir
- Sree Vasavi Vidhya Mandir High School
- St Marys High School
- Holy Trinity School
- Sri Chaitanya Inter And Degree College
- Matrusri Degree College
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner. pp. 13, 214. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "District Level Mandal wise List of Villages in Andhra Pradesh" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. p. 20. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2016.
- "Komaram Bheem district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Singh, S. Harpal (8 October 2016). "Asifabad to become a district again after 75 years". The Hindu. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Language and mother tongues:Town Level data". Census India.