Ashwin Mushran is an Indian voice over artist and actor who currently resides in Mumbai, India. He has appeared in numerous movies and plays. He is also featured in the movie Quick Gun Murugan, as Dr. Django. He also lent his voice into dubbing several foreign media.
Ashwin studied at the Doon School, Dehradun, and then graduated with a B.A (hons.) English Literature from Hindu College, University of Delhi. He then studied acting at the Drama Studio London.
Ashwin started out with TV commercials which led to him becoming a cast member of the cult Indian TV show, The Great Indian Comedy Show. From there he moved on to acting in feature films and has acted in many critically acclaimed films such as Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Life in a Metro and Fashion. Ashwin is heavily involved with theatre and is a voice over artiste as well.
He's dubbed for more than 1000 TV commercials and a number of movies in Africa English, and Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese); however, he said that he had no desire to dub for the leading amen of Bollywood.
- Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamaana (2006) – Cyrus
- Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006) – Hari Desai
- I See You (2006) – Dr. Shah
- Life in a Metro (2007)
- Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (2007)- Mr. Bajaj
- One, Two, Three (2008) D.M. Pipat
- Krazzy 4 (2008) – Pranav
- The Mole (2008) – The Mob Boss
- Yeh Mera India (2008) – Amarjit Singh
- Fashion (2008) – Rohit Khanna
- Quick Gun Murugun (2009) – Dr Django
- Kambakkht Ishq (2009) – Parmeet
- Hum Tum Aur Ghost (2010) – Mr Kapoor's Son
- Delhi Belly (2011)
- Always Kabhi Kabhi (2011) – Rahul Ghosh
- Desi Boyz (2011) – Jerry's Lawyer
- Love, Wrinkle-free (2012)
- Settai (2013)
- Rise of the Zombie (2013)
- Main Tera Hero (2014) – Angad's Doctor
- Island City (2015)
- Sanju (2018)
- Total Dhamaal (2019)
Live action filmsEdit
|Film title||Actor||Character||Dub Language||Original Language||Original Year Release||Dub Year Release||Notes|
|Billy Madison||Adam Sandler||Billy Madison||Hindi||English||1995||2005|
|Big Daddy||Adam Sandler||Sonny Koufax||Hindi||English||1999||2006|
|Mr. Deeds||Adam Sandler||Longfellow Deeds||Hindi||English||2002||2006|
|House of Flying Daggers||Takeshi Kaneshiro||Jin||Hindi||Mandarin Chinese||2004||2005|
|50 First Dates||Adam Sandler||Henry Roth||Hindi||English||2004||2005|
|Click||Adam Sandler||Michael Newman
|Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.||Vikram Chatwal||Bunty||Hindi||English
|2007||2007||Ashwin was called in to dub the dialogues during post-production because of the dissatisfaction of the director with the lines spoken by the actor. Vikram was unable to convey his lines properly due to temporary health problems, despite that the movie was already shot in Hindi as one of the languages.|
|Reign Over Me||Adam Sandler||Charlie Fineman||Hindi||English||2007||2007|
|The Warlords||Takeshi Kaneshiro||Jiang Wuyang||Hindi||Mandarin Chinese||2007||2007|
|You Don't Mess with the Zohan ||Adam Sandler||Zohan Dvir||Hindi||English||2008||2008|
|Red Cliff||Takeshi Kaneshiro||Zhuge Liang||Hindi||Mandarin Chinese||2008 (Part 1)
2009 (Part 2)
|2008 (Part 1)
2009 (Part 2)
|Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian||Alain Chabat||Napoleon Bonaparte||Hindi||English||2009||2009|
|Grown Ups||Adam Sandler||Lenny Feder
|Hindi||English||2010||2010||Viraj Adhav voiced this character in the second Hindi dub in 2014.|
|Jack and Jill||Adam Sandler||Jack/Jill Sadelstein||Hindi||English||2011||2011|
|Just Go with It||Adam Sandler||Dr. Daniel "Danny" Maccabee||Hindi||English||2011||2011|
|Dragon||Takeshi Kaneshiro||Xu Baijiu||Hindi||Mandarin and Sichuanese (CN/TW)
Cantonese Chinese (HK)
|X-Men: Apocalypse||Michael Fassbender||Erik Lensherr / Magneto||Hindi||English||2016||2016||Rajesh Khattar dubbed this role in previous 2 films.|
|Assassin's Creed||Michael Fassbender||Callum "Cal" Lynch and Aguilar de Nerha||Hindi||English||2016||2016|
|American Hustle||Christian Bale||Irving Rosenfeld||Hindi||English||2013||2018|
Live action television seriesEdit
|Program Title||Actor||Character||Dub Language||Original Language||Number of Episodes||Original Airdate||Dubbed Airdate||Notes|
|Sacred Games (TV series)||Saif Ali Khan||Sartaj Singh||English||Hindi||16||India's first web-series Streamed on Netflix |
|Film title||Original Voice||Character||Dub Language||Original Language||Original Year Release||Dub Year Release||Notes|
|Shrek the Third||Conrad Vernon||Rumpelstiltskin||Hindi||English||2007||2007|
- Ashwin Mushran – That class act in FASHION! | Indian Entertainment Online Archived 4 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Indianentertainment.info (2009-12-23). Retrieved on 2013-08-31.
- Mumbai salsas to his tune – Deccan Herald Archived 30 December 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Archive.deccanherald.com (2003-12-16). Retrieved on 2013-08-31.
- "Drama Studio London: Helping you find your unique talents to set you on the path to success". thestage.co.uk. 16 October 2019.
- Ace Productions | Theatre Archived 7 May 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Aceproductions.biz. Retrieved on 2013-08-31.
- 'I prefer not to make bad actors sound good' Archived 14 December 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Hindustan Times (2012-06-08). Retrieved on 2013-08-31.
- Ashwin Mushran Archived 4 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Rage Theatre. Retrieved on 2013-08-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashwin Mushran.|