Ashok Kumar (Indian politician)
Dr. Ashok Kumar (Hindi: अशोक कुमार, born 27 October 1954) is an Indian politician. His political party is the Indian National Congress. He is the current Working President of the Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee. He is a Member of Legislative Assembly where he represents Rosera (Vidhan Sabha constituency), he has represented the constituency for six terms. Dr. Kumar has an MBBS from Patna Medical College and Hospital.
|Member of the Legislative Assembly (India)|
|Born||27 October 1954|
Patna, Bihar, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Alma mater||Patna Medical College and Hospital|
|As of 04 March, 2018|
Dr. Ashok Kumar entered politics in 1985, when he contested and won from Singhia constituency as an Indian National Congress candidate. In the year 1989, he was appointed Minister of Coal in the Jagannath Mishra led Bihar cabinet, since then he has held several key portfolios including Minister of Institutional Finance, Programme Implementation and Housing. He has also held the post of Congress party whip in the Bihar Legislative Assembly. He was the Leader of the Congress Legislative Party in the Bihar Assembly. He was a member of the Central Election Committee of the All India Congress Committee and a special invitee to the Congress Working Committee.
- "Short by eleven seats, UPA confident to form new Govt". Hindustan Times. 17 May 2009. Archived from the original on 20 May 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "Samastipur constituency: Candidates locked in fierce battle". The Times of India. 21 April 2009. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "Opp readies for fight". The Telegraph. 26 June 2009. Retrieved 26 June 2009.
- "Congress in States". Indian National Congress. Archived from the original on 17 April 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "Congress Working Committee, The Highest Decision-Making Body of the Congress Party". Indian National Congress. Archived from the original on 17 April 2009. Retrieved 29 May 2009.