Ashaiman (often wrongly spelled as "Ashiaman") is a large town in Greater Accra Region of South Ghana and is the capital of Ashaiman Municipal District, a district in Greater Accra Region. Ashaiman has a well-known settlement population, estimated to number between some hundred thousands up to over one million people (298,841 inhabitants according to World Gazetter).
Town & District Capital
|Region||Greater Accra Region|
|District||Ashaiman Municipal District|
|Elevation||128 ft (39 m)|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT|
|Climate data for Ashaiman|
|Average high °F||—||—||—||—||87||86||84||82||85||86||90||88||91|
|Average low °F||75||77||76||78||75||75||75||73||75||73||76||73||73|
|Average precipitation inches||0.3||0.4||1.0||5.0||6.0||6.0||3.0||1.0||3.0||3.0||1.0||0.2||52.0|
|Average high °C||—||—||—||—||31||30||29||28||29||30||32||31||33|
|Average low °C||24||25||24||26||24||24||24||23||24||23||24||23||23|
|Average precipitation mm||7.6||10||25||130||150||150||76||25||76||76||25||5.1||1,320|
Ashaiman was greatly expanded by squatters who were building Tema and others who moved in to occupy government land.
Ashaiman Senior High School was founded on September 1990 by the Provisional National Defence Council. The school began with 39 students and two teachers. Currently the school has a population of about 1,400 students and 104 teachers. Courses offered in the school include General Arts, General Science, Agriculture, Business and Visual Arts.
- "World Gazetteer online". World-gazetteer.com. Archived from the original on 11 January 2012.
- Greater Accra » Ashaiman Municipal district Archived 6 March 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ashaiman Weather Averages". Myweather2. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Spotlight on Ashaiman | Opinions 2008-11-08".
- Tipple, Graham; Korboe, David; Garrod, Guy; Willis, Ken (May 1999). "Housing supply in Ghana: A study of Accra, Kumasi and Berekum". Progress in Planning. 51 (4): 255–324. doi:10.1016/S0305-9006(99)00002-1.
- "Ashaiman SHS 25th Anniversary launched - News Ghana".