Ash Lyonal Dixon (born 1 September 1988) is a New Zealand rugby union player. He plays in the hooker position for the Super Rugby franchise the Highlanders and Hawke's Bay in the ITM Cup. Dixon has formerly played for the Blues and Auckland.
|Birth name||Ash Lyonal Dixon|
|Date of birth||1 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||103 kg (227 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Dixon started his career with Hawke's Bay playing 21 matches for the province from 2008 to 2009 before shifting north to further his career with Auckland. The move paid off after he was awarded a wider training group contract with the Blues for the 2010 Super 14 competition.
New Zealand MaoriEdit
On 25 October 2016 Dixon was named Captain of the New Zealand Maori for their Northern hemisphere tour. Ahead of their game against Munster in Thomond Park in Limerick, he presented a Maori Jersey with the initials of the recently deceased Anthony Foley to Anthony's sons.
- "Ash Dixon Hawke's Bay Magpies Player Profile". Archived from the original on 6 September 2013. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Ash Dixon Blues Player Profile". Archived from the original on 8 February 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Ash Dixon Auckland Profile". Archived from the original on 16 January 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2013.
- "Investec Super Rugby Wider Training Groups named". Archived from the original on 10 December 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2012.
- "Maori All Blacks squad named for northern tour". Archived from the original on 30 October 2016. Retrieved 25 October 2016.