The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Christopher and Barbara Roden|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Headquarters location||Ashcroft, British Columbia|
|Fiction genres||supernatural and horror|
The press has reprinted notable collections of ghostly stories by such writers as R. H. Malden, A. N. L. Munby, L. T. C. Rolt, Margery Lawrence, and Eleanor Scott. It also has published newly edited collections of supernatural tales by such writers as John Metcalfe, Marjorie Bowen, Vernon Lee, and Frederick Cowles, and it has produced multi-volume sets of the complete supernatural short stories of Sheridan Le Fanu, E. F. Benson, H. Russell Wakefield, Russell Kirk, and A. M. Burrage. In 2001, the press published a collected edition of M. R. James's ghost stories and related writings.
In addition, Ash-Tree Press has published new collections of stories by contemporary authors and a series of original anthologies. Awards for these include the 2002 British Fantasy Award for best collection for After Shocks by Paul Finch and the 2004 International Horror Guild Award and 2005 World Fantasy Award for the anthology Acquainted with the Night, edited by Christopher and Barbara Roden.
- "British Fantasy Awards 2002". Science Fiction Awards Database. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "IHG Award Recipients". International Horror Guild. Archived from the original on 2014-09-05. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "2005 World Fantasy Awards Ballot". www.worldfantasy.org. Archived from the original on 2009-02-22. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "1997 World Fantasy Award Winners". www.worldfantasy.org. Archived from the original on 2012-04-19. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- "Horror Writers Association - Specialty Press Award". www.horror.org. Retrieved 2016-04-20.
- Chris Redmond, A Sherlock Holmes Handbook. Toronto : Dundurn, 2009. ISBN 9781554884469, (p. 292)