Ascot United F.C.
|Full name||Ascot United Football Club|
|Ground||Ascot Racecourse, Ascot|
|League||Combined Counties League Premier Division North|
|2020–21||Combined Counties League Premier Division (season curtailed)|
The club was founded in 1965. In 2001 they joined the Senior Division of the Reading League, going on to win the league in 2006–07. As a result, the club were promoted to Division One East of the Hellenic League. After finishing fourth in their first season, they claimed the runners-up spot in 2008–09 season, earning promotion to the Premier Division. The club made its debut in the FA Vase in the 2010–11 season and the 2011–12 season saw them play in the FA Cup for the first time. Their first match was against Wembley, which was the first-ever FA Cup match streamed live on Facebook. The game also led to Ascot's record attendance of 1,149. In 2013–14 the club won the Hellenic League Challenge Cup, defeating Ardley United 2–1 in the final. The 2018–19 season saw them win the Challenge Cup for a second time with a 3–1 win against Windsor in the final. At the end of the season they were transferred to the Premier Division of the Combined Counties League.
The club originally played home matches at Sunninghill, but were given permission by the Ascot Racecourse trustees to build a ground on land to the north of a coach park at the racecourse. A clubhouse was built, which was replaced in 1990, and again in 1992. Two years later floodlights were also installed. The ground now has a capacity of 1,150.
- Highest league position: 3rd in the Hellenic League Premier Division, 2013–14, 2014–15
- Best FA Cup performance: Preliminary round, 2012–13, 2014–15
- Best FA Vase performance: Quarter-finals, 2012–13 (replay), 2014–15
- Record attendance: 1,149 vs Wembley, FA Cup extra-preliminary round, 19 August 2011
- Sponsor to show Ascot United v Wembley FC FA Cup tie on Facebook Wednesday 17 August 2011 The Guardian, 17 August 2011
- Club History Archived 18 February 2020 at the Wayback Machine Ascot United F.C.
- Ascot United at the Football Club History Database
- Facebook to show Ascot v Wembley FA Cup opener BBC Sport, 17 August 2011
- Asco United 1 – 2 Wembley The Real FA Cup
- Match-winner McLean lands Ascot United the Hellenic Challenge Cup Get Reading, 6 May 2014
- Ascot United manager Jamie Tompkins hails side after Cup final win Bracknell News, 7 May 2019