Artificial Intelligence Center
The Artificial Intelligence Center is a laboratory in the Information and Computing Sciences Division of SRI International. It was founded in 1966 by Charles Rosen and studies artificial intelligence. One of their early projects was Shakey the Robot, the first general-purpose mobile robot. More recently, the center funded early development of CALO and Siri. The center has also provided the military with various technology.
|C. Raymond Perrault|
- "Information and Computing Sciences". SRI International. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- "About the AI Center". Artificial Intelligence Center. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- Buchanan, Wyatt (2002-12-20). "Charles Rosen -- expert on robots, co-founder of winery". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Nils J. Nilsson (1984). "Introduction to the COMTEX Microfiche Edition of the SRI Artificial Intelligence Center Technical Notes". AI Magazine. 5 (1). p. 49.
- SRI International about page