Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers is a popular thirteen-part British television series looking at strange worlds of the paranormal. It was produced by Yorkshire Television for the ITV network and first broadcast in 1985. It was the sequel to the 1980 series Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World.
The series is introduced by science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke in short sequences filmed at his home in Sri Lanka. Individual episodes are narrated by Anna Ford. The series was produced by John Fairley and directed by Peter Jones, Michael Weigall and Charles Flynn.
It was followed by Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Universe, broadcast in 1994.
- Warnings from the Future – 3 April 1985
- Things That Go Bump in the Night – 10 April 1985
- From Mind to Mind – 17 April 1985
- Stigmata: The Wounds of Christ – 24 April 1985
- Ghosts, Apparitions and Haunted Houses – 1 May 1985
- Have We Lived Before? – 15 May 1985
- Fairies, Phantoms and Fantastic Photographs – 22 May 1985
- An Element of the Divine – 5 June 1985
- Walking on Fire – 12 June 1985
- Message from the Dead – 19 June 1985
- The Roots of Evil – 26 June 1985
- Metal Bending, Magic and Mind Over Matter – 3 July 1985
- Strange Powers: The Verdict – 10 July 1985
A collection DVD Box Set of all three Arthur C. Clarke documentary series, Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World, Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers and Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Universe was released in July 2013 by Visual Entertainment, which also re-released them separately in September 2013.
- Lambert, David (August 21, 2013). "Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Universe – Individual Releases for 3 Shows from VEI's 'Clarke Collection'". TV Shows on DVD. TV Guide Online. Archived from the original on November 4, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|