Art Baltazar at the 2011 New York Comic Con.
|Born||1968 (age 51–52)|
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Penciller|
|The Cray-Baby Adventures|
Captain Camel & the Space Chicken
|Awards||2011 Eisner Award for Best Publication for Kids|
Art Baltazar started making comic books with his self-published comic book, The Cray-Baby Adventures. Since then he has created such other comics as Gyro-Man, Captain Camel & the Space Chicken, Jimmy Dydo, Lunar Lizard, Meteor Mite, and Patrick the Wolf Boy.
Baltazar briefly worked with Warner Bros. and had a monthly comic strip in Disney Adventures Magazine titled "Gorilla Gorilla!". Baltazar has completed a graphic novel titled The Big Amoeba for Platinum Studios.
Baltazar was the artist and co-writer with Franco Aureliani of Tiny Titans, for which the two won a 2011 Eisner Award for Best Publication for Kids. The Baltazar and Aureliani team co-wrote DC's Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! and the comic book adaptation of the animated TV series Young Justice. In 2011, Capstone Publishers began publishing a series of DC Super-Pets books illustrated by Baltazar. In 2012, Baltazar founded a comic book shop in Skokie, Illinois with his partner and co-owner Franco Aureliani. That same year, DC launched a new series titled Superman Family Adventures which was written and drawn by Baltazar and Aureliani. Fuzzy, the Krypto Mouse, a character who appeared in a single story in Superboy #65 (June 1958), inspired a similar character created by Baltazar for Superman Family Adventures. In 2013, Baltazar and Aureliani launched a revival of The Green Team for DC. That series was cancelled in January 2014.
- Ace: The Origin of Batman's Dog, 2017 - written by Steve Korte
- The Amazing Mini-Mutts, 2012 - written by Donald Lemke
- Attack of the Invisible Cats, 2011 - written by Scott Sonneborn
- Backward Bowwow, 2011 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Barnyard Brainwash, 2012 - written by John Sazaklis
- Battle Bugs of Outer Space, 2011 - written by Jane B. Mason
- The Biggest Little Hero, 2012 - written by John Sazaklis
- Candy Store Caper, 2012 - written by John Sazaklis
- The Cat Crime Club, 2012 - written by Steve Korte
- DC Super-Pets Character Encyclopedia, 2013 - written by Steve Korte
- Deep-sea Duel, 2012 - written by John Sazaklis
- The Fantastic Flexy Frog, 2012 - written by Michael Dahl
- The Fastest Pet on Earth, 2011 - written by J. E. Bright
- Heroes of the High Seas, 2011 - written by J. E. Bright
- The Hopping Hero, 2011 - written by John Sazaklis
- Jumpa: The Origin of Wonder Woman's Kanga, 2017 - written by Steve Korte
- Midway Monkey Madness, 2011 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Night of the Scaredy Crows, 2012 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Pooches of Power!, 2011 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Royal Rodent Rescue, 2011 - written by John Sazaklis
- Salamander Smackdown!, 2011 - written by John Sazaklis
- Sleepy Time Crime, 2012 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Starro and the Space Dolphins, 2012
- Streaky: The Origin of Supergirl's Cat, 2017 - written by Steve Korte
- Super Hero Splash Down, 2011 - written by Jane B. Mason
- Super-Pets Showdown, 2012 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Superpowered Pony, 2011 - written by Sarah Hines Stephens
- Swamp Thing vs the Zombie Pets, 2012 - written by John Sazaklis
- World of Archie Double Digest #5 (2011)
Aw Yeah Comics! PublishingEdit
- Aw Yeah Comics! #1–2 (2013)
Blindwolf Studios / Electric Milk ComicsEdit
- Captain Camel and the Space Chicken #1 (2001)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy #1 (2000)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy: Christmas Special 2000 #1 (2000)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy: Halloween Special #1 (2000)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy: Mother's Day Special 2001 #1 (2001)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy: Next Halloween Special 2001 #1 (2001)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy: Summer Special 2001 #1 (2001)
- Patrick the Wolf Boy: Valentine's Day Special 2001 #1 (2001)
Dark Horse ComicsEdit
- Aw Yeah Comics: Action Cat & Adventure Bug #1–4 (2016)
- Itty Bitty Hellboy #1–5 (2013)
- Itty Bitty Hellboy: The Search for the Were-Jaguar #1–4 (2015–2016)
- Ambush Bug: Year None #7 (2009)
- Batman '66 #12 (2014)
- Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! #5–21 (2009–2010)
- Cartoon Network Action Pack #32 (2009)
- DCU Halloween Special '09 #1 (2009)
- DCU Holiday Special #1 (2009)
- FCBD 2011 Young Justice Batman BB Super Sampler #1 (2011)
- Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special #1 (2011)
- Green Lantern: The Animated Series #0, #1–3, 5–7, 9 (2012–2013)
- Green Team: Teen Trillionaires #1–8 (2013–2014)
- Harley Quinn vol. 2 #0 (2014)
- Superman Family Adventures #1–12 (2012–2013)
- Superman of Smallville graphic novel (2019)
- Super Powers vol. 4 #1–6 (2017)
- Tiny Titans #1–50 (2008–2012)
- Tiny Titans / Little Archie #1–3 (2010–2011)
- Tiny Titans:Return to the Treehouse #1–6 (2014–2015)
- Young Justice vol. 2 #1–6 (2011)
- Captain Action Cat: The Timestream Catastrophe! #1–4 (2014)
- Balthazar, Art. "Li'l Arthee – Art Balthazar as a baby". Archived from the original on April 14, 2016.
- Art Baltazar at the Grand Comics Database
- "The Office of Alumni Relations is proud to announce the 2012 Alumni of the Year!". Columbia College Chicago. 2012. Archived from the original on July 18, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- "2011 Eisner Award Winners List". San Diego Comic-Con International. 2011. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Montgomery, Paul (July 8, 2010). "Art Baltazar Unleashes DC Super-Pets Line of Children's Books". iFanboy. Archived from the original on July 22, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Behrens, Web (May 7, 2012). "Aw Yeah Comics celebrates its grand opening in Skokie". Time Out Chicago. Archived from the original on May 4, 2016.
This past Saturday marked the annual Free Comic Book Day, which celebrates everyone's favorite four-color sequential-art form with lots and lots of giveaways. But one new shop had two reasons to celebrate: Super-kid-friendly Aw Yeah Comics in downtown Skokie...also held its grand opening.
- Parkin, JK (February 10, 2012). "First look at the cover to Superman Family Adventures #1". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on April 15, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
DC Comics has revealed the cover to the first issue of Superman Family Adventures, the new all-ages title by the former Tiny Titans team of Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani.
- Coleman, Jerry (w), Sikela, John (p), Sikela, John (i). "The Amazing Adventures of Krypto Mouse" Superboy 65 (June 1958)
- Nagorski, Alex (May 24, 2012). "Superman Family Adventures: Character Descriptions". DC Comics. Archived from the original on May 29, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- Rogers, Vaneta (February 24, 2013). "Art & Franco See Green Team as 'Most Outrageous' DC Book". Newsarama. Archived from the original on December 12, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Sunu, Steve (April 25, 2013). "Baltazar & Franco Finance The Green Team". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on July 28, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Johnston, Rich (October 14, 2013). "The End For Green Team: Teen Trillionaires… But Also Vibe And Katana?". Bleeding Cool. Archived from the original on October 19, 2013. Retrieved December 8, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Art Baltazar.|