Armavir (air base)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
'Armavir' - military airfield in Krasnodar Territory, located on the southern outskirts of the city Armavir. The 713th Training Aviation Regiment is based at the aerodrome, which is part of the 783rd Training Center. The regiment instructors provide training for fighter aircraft on the Yak-130 L-39 and MiG-29 aircraft.
|Operator||Russian Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||272 ft / 83 m|
Accidents and disastersEdit
- September 14, 2006, and in the area Armavir, the L-39 training aircraft crashed during a scheduled training flight. Cadet catapulted, pilot-instructor Dmitry Khrebtov died .
- February 1, 2008, and the L-39 crashed. During the performance of the flight task, the engine stopped. After two unsuccessful attempts at launch, the pilot took the plane to a safe area and, at a set altitude at 12:25, ejected. Second-class pilot Major Serov safely ejected.
- On September 4, 2014, in the Armavir region, during the training flight, the right landing gear did not come out during the approach to landing at the MiG-31 aircraft at 7:38. Meanwhile, both pilots managed to survive: they ejected after they drove the car into a safe area. Moreover, according to the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry Igor Konashenkov, the pilots were quickly found and taken by helicopter to the base airfield.
- "Armavir authorities want to open an airport in the city". Yugopolis.eu. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- [dead link]
- "В Краснодарском крае разбился учебный самолет". Lenta.ru. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
|This Russian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an airport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|