Armando Leisdeker Gabino (born August 31, 1983) is a former professional baseball pitcher who played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Minnesota Twins and Baltimore Orioles. He is the current pitching coach for the Venezuelan Summer League Cubs..
Gabino with the New Britain Rock Cats
|Born: August 31, 1983|
Santiago, Dominican Republic
|August 25, 2009, for the Minnesota Twins|
|Last MLB appearance|
|August 26, 2010, for the Baltimore Orioles|
|Earned run average||15.12|
Gabino got off to a dreadful start with the Twins, posting an 8.10 ERA with the rookie league Elizabethton Twins. Next year, however, he improved and move up to single-A. After continued success in the minors, the Twins called up Gabino on August 21, 2009. However, he did not pitch well and was subsequently returned to the minors.
The Baltimore Orioles claimed him on waivers after the season. Shortly after signing with the Orioles, on February 9, 2010, he was designated for assignment. He cleared waivers and was sent to the Norfolk Tides, the Orioles triple-A affiliate. However, after stellar pitching in Norfolk, the Orioles called him up on August 5 to replace the injured David Hernandez. Once again, however, he failed to pitch well, and he was sent down on August 28 as the Orioles activated pitcher Jim Johnson from the disabled list.
- "Armando Gabino Statistics & History". Baseball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2012-06-12.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-10-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2010-10-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Fordin, Spencer (11 February 2010). "O's send Gabino to Triple-A Norfolk". MLB.com. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2010-10-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)