Arkansas Highway 303
Highway 303 (AR 303, Ark. 303, and Hwy. 303) is a designation for three north–south state highways in northwest Arkansas. A southern route of 1.86 miles (2.99 km) runs north from Lollar's Creek Road (Madison County Road 192 [CR 192]) to Highway 74. A second route of 9.62 miles (15.48 km) begins at Highway 45 at Mayfield and runs north to the Benton County line. A third segment of 2.27 miles (3.65 km) begins at Highway 12 and runs north to Rocky Branch Road near Beaver Lake.
|Maintained by ArDOT|
|Existed||April 24, 1963–present|
|Length||1.86 mi (2.99 km)|
|South end||CR 192 Lollar's Creek Rd.|
|North end||AR 74 east of Wesley|
|Length||9.62 mi (15.48 km)|
|South end||AR 45 at Mayfield|
|North end||Benton County line|
|Length||2.27 mi (3.65 km)|
|South end||AR 12|
|North end||CR 99 Rocky Branch Rd.|
Mayfield to Benton CountyEdit
Highway 303 begins at Highway 45 at Mayfield and runs north through unincorporated Washington County to meet US Route 412 at Spring Valley. The two routes participate in a 1 mile (1.6 km) concurrency east until Highway 303 turns north from US 412 near the Madison County line. The route then runs north towards War Eagle and becomes Benton CR 98 which eventually gives access to Highway 12 near Beaver Lake.
Highway 303 was added to the state highway system as part of a large transfer of county roads to the state system that took place on April 24, 1963. Initially only the portion from Mayfield to the Benton County line was transferred to state maintenance.
|Madison||||0.00||0.00||CR 192||Southern terminus|
|||1.86||2.99||AR 74||Northern terminus|
|Highway 303 begins at Mayfield|
|Washington||Mayfield||0.00||0.00||AR 45||Southern terminus|
|||9.62||15.48||CR 98||Northern terminus, roadway continues as Benton CR 98|
|Highway 303 begins near Beaver Lake|
|Benton||||0.00||0.00||AR 12||Southern terminus|
|||2.27||3.65||AR 74||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- "Minutes of the Meeting" (PDF). Arkansas State Highway Commission. April 24, 1963. p. 918. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- Planning and Research Division (2010). "Arkansas Road Log Database". Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Archived from the original (Database) on 23 June 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- General Highway Map, Madison County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. March 15, 2010. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- General Highway Map, Washington County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. December 13, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
- General Highway Map, Benton County, Arkansas (PDF) (Map). 1:62500. Cartography by Planning and Research Division. Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. August 20, 2012. Retrieved January 27, 2013.
Media related to Arkansas Highway 303 at Wikimedia Commons