This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arkadi Nemirovski (born March 14, 1947) is a professor in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He has been a leader in continuous optimization and is best known for his work on the ellipsoid method, modern interior-point methods and robust optimization.
|Born||March 14, 1947|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University (M.Sc 1970 & Ph.D 1973)|
Kiev Institute of Cybernetics
|Known for||Ellipsoid method|
Interior point method
|Awards||Fulkerson Prize (1982)|
Dantzig Prize (1991)
John von Neumann Theory Prize (2003)
|Institutions||Georgia Institute of Technology|
Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
Arkadi Nemirovski earned the Ph.D. in Mathematics (1974) from Moscow State University and the Doctor of Sciences in Mathematics (1990) from the Institute of Cybernetics of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Kiev. He has won three prestigious prizes: Fulkerson, Dantzig, and von Neumann (2003). He was elected to the U.S. National Academy of Engineering (NAE) in 2017 "for the development of efficient algorithms for large-scale convex optimization problems." 
His work with Yurii Nesterov in the 1994 book is the first to point out that interior point method can solve convex optimization problems, and the first to make a systematic study of semidefinite programming (SDP). Also in this book, they introduced the self-concordant functions which are useful in the analysis of Newton's method.
- co-authored with Yurii Nesterov: Interior-Point Polynomial Algorithms in Convex Programming. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 1994. ISBN 978-0898715156.
- co-authored with A. Ben-Tal: Lectures on Modern Convex Optimization. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. 2001. ISBN 978-0-89871-491-3.
- co-authored with A. Ben-Tal and L. El Ghaoui: Robust Optimization. Princeton University Press. 2009. ISBN 978-0-691-14368-2.
- "The George B. Dantzig Prize". 1991. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "Arkadi Nemirovski 2003 John von Neumann Theory Prize: Winner(s)". 2003. Archived from the original on November 10, 2014. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- "Brief CV of Arkadi Nemirovski". 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "Arkadi Nemirovski awarded an Honorary DMath Degree". 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "Arkadi Nemirovski, Ph.D. – ISyE"
- Nesterov, Yurii; Arkadii, Nemirovskii (1995). Interior-Point Polynomial Algorithms in Convex Programming. Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics. ISBN 0898715156.
- Boyd, Stephen P.; Vandenberghe, Lieven (2004). Convex Optimization (pdf). Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-83378-3. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- Tseng, Paul (2004). "Review of Lectures on modern convex optimization: analysis, algorithms and engineering applications, by Aharon Ben-Tal and Arkadi Nemirovski". Math. Comp. 73: 1040. doi:10.1090/S0025-5718-03-01670-3.