This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020)
"Aries" is a song by British virtual band Gorillaz featuring drummer Georgia and bassist Peter Hook of the bands Joy Division and New Order. The track was released on 9 April 2020 as the third single for Gorillaz' seventh studio album, Song Machine, Season One: Strange Timez. It is part of the Song Machine project, a web series involving the ongoing release of various Gorillaz singles and music videos featuring different guest musicians over the course of 2020.
|Single by Gorillaz featuring Peter Hook and Georgia|
|from the album Song Machine, Season One: Strange Timez|
|Released||9 April 2020|
|Gorillaz singles chronology|
|Peter Hook singles chronology|
|Georgia singles chronology|
The video, directed by Jamie Hewlett and Tim McCourt, features the band members driving vehicles across a highway landscape. 2-D and Murdoc are riding together on a motorcycle, followed by Noodle in a dune buggy (where just prior she is texting someone about 2-D's whereabouts and has grown concerned for him) and finally Russel in a golf kart. Near the end of the video all four of them ride up close to one another. As 2-D continues to sing, Murdoc pulls out a syringe and smiles in a sinister fashion.
On 4 September 2020, Gorillaz released an online driving game based on Aries on their website.
|1.||"Machine Bitez #6" (with 2-D, Murdoc and Russel)||0:55|
|2.||"Aries" (featuring Peter Hook and Georgia)||4:13|
|3.||"Machine Bitez #7" (with 2-D, Noodle, Murdoc and Russel)||0:35|
- Damon Albarn – vocals, instrumentation, director, guitar, synthesizer
- Jamie Hewlett – artwork, character design, video direction
- Remi Kabaka Jr. – drum programming, percussion, drums
Additional musicians and personnel
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||42|
|New Zealand Hot Singles (RMNZ)||29|
- Leas, Ryan (9 April 2020). "Gorillaz – "Aries" (Feat. Peter Hook & Georgia)". StereoGum. Retrieved 20 April 2020.
- Morse, Ryan (9 April 2020). "The UK animated electronic band teams up with Peter Hook and Georgia on the new track, "Aries"". Conscious Electronic. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Schatz, Lake (9 April 2020). "Gorillaz and Peter Hook Go for a Ride on New Single "Aries": Stream". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- Beamish, Ben (16 April 2020). "Gorillaz Enlist Peter Hook And Georgia For New Cut "Aries"". Cultr. Retrieved 24 October 2020.
- Meadow, Matthew (11 April 2020). "Gorillaz Release Latest In Song Machine Series, "Aries" with Peter Hook & Georgia". Youredm. Retrieved 10 December 2020.
- Blistein, Jon (29 January 2020). "Gorillaz Detail New Music, Video Series 'Song Machine'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- "Aries driving game by Gorillaz". 4 December 2020.
- "Ultratop.be – Gorillaz – Aries" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 5 June 2020.
- "NZ Hot Singles Chart". Recorded Music NZ. 20 April 2020. Retrieved 18 April 2020.