ArenaBowl VIII was the Arena Football League's eighth ArenaBowl. The game featured the #3 Arizona Rattlers (8-4) of the American Conference against the #1 Orlando Predators (11-1) of the National Conference. The Rattlers were making their first ArenaBowl appearance in their three-year history, while the Predators were in their second ArenaBowl in their four years in the league (having lost to the Detroit Drive in ArenaBowl VI).
|Date||September 2, 1994|
|Arena||Amway Arena, Orlando, Florida|
|MVP||Sherdrick Bonner, QB, Arizona
|Winning coach||Danny White|
|Losing coach||Perry Moss|
|TV in the United States|
|Announcers||Tom Mees, Rick 'Doc' Walker|
In the first quarter, Orlando struck first with Ben Bennett completing a 5-yard TD pass to Alex Shell, while Arizona responded with Sherdrick Bonner completing a 33-yard touchdown pass to Cedric Tillman. The Predators wrapped up the first quarter with Jorge Cimadevilla making a 24-yard Field Goal.
In the second quarter, the Rattlers took the lead with Bonner completing a 6-yard TD pass to Calvin "Shakes" Schexnayder, but the Predators retook the lead with Bennett and Shell hooking up again on a 42-yard touchdown pass. Arizona regained the lead before halftime with Luis Zendejas kicking two field goals, a 23-yarder and a 40-yarder.
In the third quarter, the Rattlers increased its lead with Bonner's 2-yard touchdown pass to Milton Vaughn; Orlando responded with Bennett's 38-yard touchdown pass to Herkie Walls.
In the fourth quarter, Arizona added on to its lead with Zendejas kicking a 21-yard field goal, yet the Predators retook the lead with WR-DB Barry Wagner's 4-yard touchdown run. The Rattlers regained the lead with Bonner and Schexnayder hooking up again on a 24-yard touchdown pass, but the following two-point conversion failed. In the final seconds, Bennett threw a deep ball to try to get a touchdown in order to take the lead for good, but it ended up incomplete.
With the win, the Arizona Rattlers won their very first ArenaBowl in franchise history.
- ORL - Shell 5-yard pass from Bennett (Cimadevilla kick)
- ARI - Tillman 33-pass from Bonner (Zendejas kick)
- ORL - 24-yard FG Cimadevilla
- ARI - Schexnayder 6-yard pass from Bonner (Zendejas kick)
- ORL - Shell 42-yard pass from Bennett (Cimadevilla kick)
- ARI - 23-yard FG Zendejas
- ARI - 40-yard FG Zendejas
- ARI - Vaughn 2-yard pass from Bonner (Czyzewski kick)
- ORL - Walls 38-yard pass from Bennett (Langeloh kick)
- ARI - 21-yard FG Zendejas
- ORL - Wagner 4-yard run (Cimadevilla kick)
- ARI - Schexnayder 24-yard pass from Bonner (Zendejas drop kick failed)
- On the Arena Football League's 20 Greatest Highlights Countdown, this game was ranked #14.
- The Orlando Predators were favored by 16 points.