|No. 99 – Oakland Raiders|
|Born:||May 3, 1996|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Hapeville Charter Career Academy|
(Union City, Georgia)
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 3 / Pick: 87|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Key attended Hapeville Charter Career Academy in Union City, Georgia. He recorded 15.5 sacks as a senior, eight as a junior and 12 as a sophomore. He committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) to play college football.
As a true freshman at LSU in 2015, Key played in 12 games and started the final nine. He recorded 41 tackles and five sacks and was named a freshman All-American. As a sophomore in 2016, he set a single-season school record by recording 12 sacks. He earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors from the Associated Press. As a junior in 2017, Key was limited to 8 games due to injury, but finished with 33 tackles, 4 sacks, and a forced fumble. On January 4, 2018, Key officially announced that he would be entering the 2018 NFL Draft.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 5 in
|4.88 s||4.25 s||7.16 s||31 in
|9 ft 9 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
40 from pro day
Prior to Key's junior season, he was projected as the number one overall prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft by Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports. In January 2018, he was ranked as the number two draft prospect at the outside linebacker position, behind Tremaine Edmunds of Virginia Tech, by Mel Kiper of ESPN.
Key was projected to be an early first round selection, but his off-the-field issues caused his draft stock to plummet. Key ended up being selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round as the 87th pick overall.
After having 2 sacks in the final 2 games he played in the 2019 season, (Weeks 8 and 9) Key suffered a broken foot and was ruled out the rest of the season. He was placed on injured reserve on November 7, 2019.
- Dellenger, Ross (April 23, 2016). "Four star Georgia defensive end Arden Key commits to LSU". The Advocate. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- Kendall, Josh (February 3, 2015). "'A lifetime decision': Arden Key picks LSU over the Gamecocks". Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "Arden Key Recruiting Profile". ESPN.
- Twenty sacks or not, Arden Key will be a weapon for LSU's defense
- LSU OLB Arden Key enjoying new defense
- Lopez, Andrew (December 31, 2016). "Arden Key breaks LSU single-season sack record". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved September 13, 2017.
- "It's a Sweep: No 1. Alabama Cleans up on AP All-SEC Team". ABC News. Associated Press. December 8, 2016. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- "LSU DE Arden Key entering the draft". NFL. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Trapasso, Chris (June 1, 2017). "An incredibly early look at the top 100 prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft: 1-20". CBSSports.com.
- "Mel Kiper's top 10 prospects at each position for 2018 NFL draft". abcnews.go.com. January 10, 2018. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- "Arden Key selected by Oakland Raiders in 2018 Draft". NFL. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- "Raiders promote linebacker Quentin Poling and place defensive end Arden Key on IR". Raiders.com. November 7, 2019.