|Look up archetype in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An archetype is a concept found in areas relating to behavior, modern psychological theory, and literary analysis.
Archetype may also refer to:
- Archetype (information science), a formal reusable model of a domain concept
- Archetype (video game), a 2010 first-person shooter video game
- Archetype (textual criticism), a text that originates a textual tradition
- Archetype (linguistics) is a linguistic unit reconstructed by the historical comparative method
- Stock character, a stereotypical person whom audiences readily recognize from frequent recurrences