Archana Udupa is an Indian singer. She sings devotional, classical and film songs. She is graded artist of All India Radio and Doordarshan. She won Zee TV TVS Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contest of singing in 1998. Archana Udupa is the first person of south Indian origin to win Hindi film song singing contest. As of now she has sung in more than 1000 cassettes and CDs (Albums).
|Born||3 February 1983|
Nagara, Shivamogga, Karnataka
|Genres||Devotional, classical and film songs|
She won the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for her song in the film Bhageerathi in 2012. She also judged for famous singing reality show Kannada Kogile for two seasons along with Chandan Shetty and Sadhu Kokila. She married Sriranga, a lawyer and son of musician Shimoga Subbanna, in 2002.
- "spell bound performance". gulf-times.com. Archived from the original on 24 February 2008. Retrieved 7 September 2009.
- "Singing her way to success". Deccan Herald. 29 November 1998. Archived from the original on 28 January 1999. Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "On my pinboard: Archana Udupa". Deccan Herald. 30 January 2020.
- "Karnataka State Film Awards 2010-11 winners". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 June 2019.
- "It's wedding time!". Deccan Herald. 26 May 2002. Archived from the original on 2 December 2002. Retrieved 9 October 2020.